• yes - throw along the way

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • yes - the sea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't mind the off topic too. There are some resorts now that offer a place to hang out till late at night. They are of course not dive resorts.

There are some major changes in resorts where we might need a environmental officer to handle garbage and the like. I don't know if I am right in thinking that we should not rely on the LGU for waste disposal. The cost is in segragating, composting, shredding (this must be third or fourth highest costs in resort operation) as opposed to burning and burying non biodegradable. Residuals are like only 5% of total waste in resorts.

as to burning non-biodegradable materials. yes there is a law (clean air act) however i beleive that clean air act intend to prohibit the incineration of synthetic materials as they produce toxic fumes.

burnign of biodegradable materials such as dried leaves, dried, fruit peels are permissible, mother nature does this all the time. and it is beneficial to the soil if done properly.

as for non-biodegradable, i think an environmental officer may be useful as long as the resort owners cooperate and as well as other residents of the area.

like the late J.F.K. said ".... ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for the country..." but then again that's only for America. ...

We are in the Philippines where the LGUs stand is "...KAMI NAMAN !!!!"

solanabezo:
I don't mind the off topic too. There are some resorts now that offer a place to hang out till late at night. They are of course not dive resorts.

There are some major changes in resorts where we might need a environmental officer to handle garbage and the like. I don't know if I am right in thinking that we should not rely on the LGU for waste disposal. The cost is in segragating, composting, shredding (this must be third or fourth highest costs in resort operation) as opposed to burning and burying non biodegradable. Residuals are like only 5% of total waste in resorts.

Back
Top Bottom