Poll - Dive Flag - Sausage

What do you use to signal you are diving?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I used to dive solo a lot near a pier at place called Portencross and fly a blue diver down flag from the shore until I lost 3 of them. 2 were stolen, maybe Rangers F.C. supporters, the other was thrown in the sea, most probably Celtic.:shakehead: I tried a float after a near close encounter with an inshore trawler. I discarded the idea after being fly hooked by bored anglers using it as a target. What I really want is a buddy on shore with a deer rifle.

I use a flag where required by law and where there are many boats, etc.-often the same places. I try to park it when possible or practical. Most of the shore dives here in N.S. have little or no boat traffic and no one to speak of has a seadoo, so I never use it here.

I will only tow a target if required by law.

All the best, James

That is the good thing about the quarries. Do not need the flag float and I can work on deploying my SMB.

Only time I tow anything is when I need the the float to hold something. Otherwise I don't use anything. I carry an SMB and spool with me and use it if needed (which is really rare). I'd be annoyed to all hell if I had to tow a flag.

I use whatever local regulations require. Normally that will be an International A flag on the dive boat. Sometimes on a drift dive I will tow a SMB.

at this point I am pretty much a shore entry diver only
due to my disability I tow a inner-tube with a DD flag attached. the tube doubles as gear caddy so I can tug it out from shore to a little over waist deep depths then I put on my gear because I have to use a cane and I cannot walk with fins and My BC and tank from shore.
I have actually noticed since I started diving again several people have adopted my method of entering the water with their gear:crafty:
I also have a TommyD Dive marker for snorkling because it is a requirement.

if I were to do off shore dives I would use a sausage for ascents.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom