Polypro used for layer under drysuit undergarments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaGuy

Contributor
Reaction score
I am waiting for my BARE Tech drysuit to arrive from DiveTank.com... and have been doing some research..

I have heard to help preserve your expensive dry suit undergarments, that one should purchase a cheap set of polypro underwear which can be washed regularly and wear them as a 1st layer. By the sounds of it, it helps prevent you from having to wash the undergarments.

So, the question is where is a good place to purchase the Polypro and what is a good thickness?

Thanks and I'm looking forward to diving dry!!

That is typically what people suggest if your using DUI's thinsulate since washing it destroys it. That's why you'll often see thinsulate only a couple years old for sale so they can buy new. This is why I always reccomend weezles. You can wash them over and over again in the gentle cycle and they will be perfectly fine. I just don't consider the thinsulate to be very user friendly when your options are to go around stinking like a pig or wash them and lose all their thermal properties.

As for the polypro check out your sporting goods stores or even a set of under armor would do the trick. You don't really need to worry about thickness since the polypro's primary use is to wick sweat away from the body and the DS undergarment is what you are using to retain warmth.

how funny, I have a set of the heavier "military" undies that have a LDS emblem on them and they cost a lot more. They are nice though! I actually want a nother set for lounging around the house.

They generally are used to wick sweat off your skin, and stick it right into your DS undies! No matter what you do, their gonna get funky, pretty quickly too! I spray mine with a little Febreeze when I hang them up to dry. Woorks pretty good. But not forever, they still need to be washed!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom