Pony bottle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use the zeagle pony attachments with a al30. No problem. If your bc has one cam band the just get two cam bands and put one below and above the bc. If your bc has two cam bands it's a piece of cake to switch tanks.
Ron L.

I also used the Zeagle pony attachment bands and it works great. Very easy to switch tanks.

I prefere to sling my pony, when I carry it.

I personally like the sling method (which I've used for anything from an AL19 to an AL80). The nice thing is that you sling it from your BC or harness, so it doesn't matter what tank or tanks you may be diving. Additionally, if you go toward the tech side of diving, you'll most likely be slinging stage bottles sooner or later, so it makes sense just to go that way from the top, eh?

If you're doing some type of diving for which slinging would pose complications, perhaps you may need to look at tank attachment concepts. If that were the case, one idea I've had is to use something like an STA (single-tank adapter). The cam bands secure it to the primary tank, but instead of a backplate, it has a pony attached. It's an idea.

I had though of slinging it as a techy kind of thing to do but it looks like it might make the most sense.

Another vote for the sling. After a few dives you'll barely know it's there!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom