Pool dive question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol... Thanks...
I know there's a lot of something in that pool and it's an oxidizer. I can smell it. He does a lot of pool parties with dozens of kids in there... And swimming lessons...
Still, I am excited about this idea and will set something up for within the next few days!
Thanks!

I agree with using the pool. It will do little or no harm to your gear if the gear gets rinsed well afterwards.

Without getting in the pool you will not know if your gear works properly when you take it on a trip. I always try new or serviced gear in the pool when i get it to make sure that it is working properly and to get familiar with the new addition before I take it on a dive.

Better to find out if it doesn't work or get familiar with the gear before the trip than when you start to dive.

Get in the pool do head stands, dump your weights, free flow your regulator, over inflate your BC, lay on your back on the bottom of the pool, etc.

The pool is the best place to do things you normally wouldn't do in open water.

What they all said...

I did the same with my new kit.

My biggest "thing" was "Do I log the 2 hour dive?" - I never did. :)

Best Regards
Richard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom