Poor Quality Hollis Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The DX 300 is manufactured in the UK in our UK factory all work is undertaken in the UK, built from scratch from material and service is supported in the UK either Direct or by Hollis Dealers.
there has been no e mails received by you, Please feel free to contact us by e-mail: here2help@oceanicuk.com or pick the phone up 01404 891819 and we can sort this issue out for you.

Hi,

I'm happy Hollis DX300 owner. I had some experience with Hollis UK service and I think it would share it. On my first dive I not close T-Zip correctly and I was sure it must be a suit fault.
When I back from dive trip I have contacted shop that I ordered drysuit and they ask if I want to fix it or refund. Because I really like the suit material and it was made to measure I decided for fix. 2 days after shop received the suit they have contacted with my, send pictures from preasure test with my suit and they can't find any hole. I asked Hollis service to send back drysuit directly to me and next day I can check it again. On my second dive with DX300 I realized that I not close T-ZIP to the end so it was only my fault but it was good occasion to try Hollis service :) and in my opinion they are very solid and helpful. Other thing is they send me "made to measure" suit in 10 day from order so I don't think so It arrive from China ...

After short experience (15 dives already) I'm happy to recommend this suit, also people who dive with me are also impressive about DX300.

Thanks
Olaff

I for one welcome any feedback, good or bad, about a product. How about the fact frederico's suit had been made in China instead of the UK like Hollis claimed? I would like to know something like that. This kind of information helps people make better informed purchasing decisions. Piling on, insulting him, making excuses, and blaming him for the issues he experienced are just stupid.

I'm not blaming Frederico but his experience with suit and Hollis UK service was totally different than my. He said about poor quality seals – on mine suit it's SiTech (made in Sweden), he said it's made in China product – mine back to me in 10 days from order with "made to measure" option – no chance to get suit that fast from China. I have contacted couple times (email and telephone) with service guys without any problem or delays, they send me pictures from pressure test and send back the suit "next day delivery". Only rock boots dedicated for this suit are made in China product. In my opinion DX300 is really good drysuit, only thing is position of Auto Shoulder Dump (again swedish SiTech) - works very well but is far away and bit difficult to operate for me it takes couple dives until I managed to grab with no problems :)

Thanks
Olaff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom