Popping sensation in 109 and 250 style regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know how I missed seeing this thread before...

I am dubious that this problem is any of the stuff y'all have said. At least, on my Halcyon Halos...

The reason I am dubious is that, first, mine do not have very many hours on them.

And second, because after servicing them, the problem seems to go away and then gradually come back after not too long. If it was a ridge or something in the air barrel, it seems like the problem would not go away and then gradually come back.

And third, it's obviously not mismatched parts, as my Halos did it from not too long after new and only have original OEM parts.

Mine are at my shop right now for someone more knowledgeable than me to work on them. I think Halcyon is also supposed to have sent some new parts, too, but I don't know details on that.

Lastly, I have 2 Halos on my single tank reg set. They both do it. The one I use as my primary does it worse.

The Halo/G250V use a sleeve over barrel to prevent lever from catching and to smooth out action. If it was a G250 lever catching could be issue, I have come across it before but now I think about it it's unlikely to be lever on a halo.

Lube on poppet O rings wearing off🤔

Hmmm, I would at this time inspect the levers and see if either the feet tabs or the fingers that engage with the diaphragm are not in alignment with each other.

Remove the covers and diaphragms and with your fingers press the lever downward as would the diaphragm and see if you feel anything coincident with the pop?

Interestingly my new C370 exhibits same behaviour. I'm going to pull it apart.

Well, with nothing to do this weekend I pulled my new C370 apart in an attempt to fix the "two phase" breathing.

There was not much lube on poppet o rings. Cleaned o rings re lubed them, cleaned balance chamber.

Re assembled, fixed. It is now smooth and linear like my other C370🤷‍♂️

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom