Port Hardy rivals Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeanQ:
Think of it this way. If you took the motorhome you might not have talked to Al and Sylvia about winter divers accomodation. Your cramped sleeping quarters may result in a future bunk house for divers. :)

Or perhaps investment in a couple of yurts ... they make great facilities for camping divers ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Yurts would be good.

Al sent an email and said that the owner of the camp ground was interested in our idea of a drying room (that would help all of the campers) and also a bunk house. He also said that in the mean time they would tarp off the sides of the Gazebo and we could bunk in there... kinda the Mother of all Yurts.

Of course we could all chip in and buy you a motel room if that is what it would take to get you up there. :D

Hey I live in Victoria B.C. an have had the privilege of diving all up and down the B.C. coast. Your're right, the diving here is awesome. I have never been down south to the tropics and would like to one day, but untill thats day I am happy diving in divers paradise. If you ever have the chance, you should come to Victoria and dive 10 mile point. Awesome.

up .thanks for the nice info .in nov2004 ,I dove the wreck saskatchwon the vis was 40',have you dove it?
I realy need to get back to bc and dive ,realy love cold water ,down in fla at this time and the gulf off tampa bay has no vis and my buddy's complain about the cold temps.warm water wimps.

To_Narced:
If you ever have the chance, you should come to Victoria and dive 10 mile point. Awesome.

Yep, that is a fine dive. Jimmie (Kalvyn) and I did it back in July ... ended up drifting around the point, swimming thru the kelp beds, and coming up a couple blocks down the road from the car ... but the walk back was well worth the dive ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Ok UP-
You peaked my curiousity this weekend and I'm kicking around the idea of maybe heading up there the week of memorial day. I see that the campground has a BBQ/picnic shelter, has anyone asked if they would allow the shelter to be wrapped with clear plastic to help hold heat in and keep the weather out?

Also, any updates on the bunkhouse and drying room?

No updates... but the manager of the campground mentioned tarping the picnic shelter off during the winter for us. I can't imagine needing that for the end of May. You will want to call the dive shop there and ask what the visibility is before heading up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom