Port Sanilac with DiverBrian

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TCDiver1:
So Brian, give up some details eh?

Oh & i hope the lesson you learned was never try to out drink a Canuck. I've found that most of em were likely weaned on beer. :wink:

I don't know which is worse, British or Canadian LOL. I didn't even try to outdrink the British sailors when I was over there and wound up with similar results.

Actually, we had an afternoon charter scheduled on Saturday and waves coming over the breakwall at the harbor. About 3:00 pm, it finally got called and the bottles that our Canadians bought at the Duty-Free got opened. After that, until Sunday morning what happened in Sanilac stays in Sanilac :) with the exception of the nice prime rib dinner that I had Saturday night.

Sunday morning was still choppy, but we went out. We dove the New York and the North Star. I didn't feel comfortable in the water due to many factors on the New York (the "Captain" from the night before certainly didn't help, but there were other things that just weren't right) so I sat out the dive on the North Star. As this is basically in my backyard, I can out there for a reasonable rate most of the time.

The New York was an interesting dive, but I was missing my canister light (Back at Dive Rite for repairs at the moment) and didn't like the incadenscent light that my back-up light gives off. The arch was insteresting as were some of the other features, but I just wasn't into it. I enjoyed the experience of being in the water with a buddy (Thanks Tim). I was too warm above the thermocline and too cold below it.

As I said, I had a good time. I would like to do this again with less chop on the water and two days of diving instead of one. Great group of people to dive with and I would like to openly thank them for going and making this a great time.

I had fun untill the wife said IT IS TIME TO GO TO BED "NOW"

Diving on sunday was fun too,,

My hat is off to the caption with his leg up...he he

Scott from Indy :D

CptnBrian1.jpg

Brian YOU ARE THE CAPTIAN..

LOl

Scott :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom