Poseidon MkVI and SE7EN liquidation advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetRocksExplorers

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hello all, I work for a Dive Center in the Caribbean, and during the pandemic our CCR program was shut down and never restarted. I am tasked with liquidating all of our old Poseidon MKVI AND SE7EN CCR equipment. I am seeking advice on what the easiest way is to go about this. One option is to of course sell everything as a lot at a fire-sale price. I also spoke with the Poseidon CCR Service Tech at DGX, and another option is to get some units rebuilt and serviced and sell as complete dive-ready units, then sell off the rest of the parts as spares. Does anyone know what the market looks like for used Poseidon CCR units or parts? As for condition, these are dive shop training units and would be priced accordingly. I’ll repost this along with an inventory list and pictures in the CCR classifieds section on here to gauge any interest. Any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am pretty sure I heard “cheap rebreathers available here!” Did anyone else here “cheap rebreathers get them while they hot?”

Yes these units/parts are for those looking to get into the rebreather game or for those looking to cross over onto another unit without a significant investment. Or maybe even someone who looking to add to their collection. Rebreathers are such a niche sport, I have very few ideas on how/where to get them moved on to someone who can enjoy them.

A friend of mine confirmed interest btw. If you got prices in mind shoot me a reply

This is the right forum for sure. Keeping an eye on this post for more details and listings.

Unfortunately I’ve not been chatty enough on here, so I still have insufficient privileges to post in the classified section. I understand the rules and completely respect them. As soon as I can post there I certainly will. In the meantime, I’m open to any other suggestions on where to post pictures and a proper inventory.

A friend of mine confirmed interest btw. If you got prices in mind shoot me a reply
I just tried to shoot you a reply, but it looks like I'm still in timeout for not having enough public posts for a direct message. As soon as I have the sufficient number of posts, I'll send you a message.

Hello all, I work for a Dive Center in the Caribbean, and during the pandemic our CCR program was shut down and never restarted. I am tasked with liquidating all of our old Poseidon MKVI AND SE7EN CCR equipment. I am seeking advice on what the easiest way is to go about this. One option is to of course sell everything as a lot at a fire-sale price. I also spoke with the Poseidon CCR Service Tech at DGX, and another option is to get some units rebuilt and serviced and sell as complete dive-ready units, then sell off the rest of the parts as spares. Does anyone know what the market looks like for used Poseidon CCR units or parts? As for condition, these are dive shop training units and would be priced accordingly. I’ll repost this along with an inventory list and pictures in the CCR classifieds section on here to gauge any interest. Any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I shot you a DM.

Thank you much! I apologize for the delay. I have had a rather difficult OW class the last couple of days. I'll reply promptly. Thanks again!

Why not sell the units to a Poseidon dealer. Have you reached out to Silent Explorers?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom