Possible CSSP on April 4?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well, Mom has taken me on a trip called guilt so me and my cooler wont be making it out this weekend. Since this is proving to be such a chilly spring (it's April and I have the space heater on in my office, for crying out loud!) I dont think I am going to be too sad about it.

Everyone have fun!

I'm making my last minute travel plans now and I'm trying to decide which vehicle to take - the 4x4 pickup or the new Accord.

What's the access like at CSSP? Can I easily park my pristine new Accord close to the water and get my gear to the water, or should I bring the truck and a gear wagon for easier access? Are there picnic table for easy gearing up (as at Windy Point) or do I need the taligate of the truck for staging? Also - what's the best part of the park to access? Where would I find the highest concentration fo Swampers?

Help me! I'm lost and confused in Austin!

Mary isn't 100% sure that she wants to wake up so early.up@4-leave @5- long drive prob.3-4 hrs-meet and greet, dive then drive back home makes a looong day, is cssp worth the drive?I know the chance to meet fellow swampers is all that I need to inspire me:coffee: but ,gotta keep the BOSS happy:kiss2::mooner:. Who is planning to show?:confused: how will we know you? I drive '06 F-150 4X4 w/ dive and kayak stickers . :shocked2:very little hair on top and kinda round at the middle:rofl3:

I'm making my last minute travel plans now and I'm trying to decide which vehicle to take - the 4x4 pickup or the new Accord.

What's the access like at CSSP? Can I easily park my pristine new Accord close to the water and get my gear to the water, or should I bring the truck and a gear wagon for easier access? Are there picnic table for easy gearing up (as at Windy Point) or do I need the taligate of the truck for staging? Also - what's the best part of the park to access? Where would I find the highest concentration fo Swampers?

Hey Bill, I wish I was able to join you this weekend but I have had previous plans. I am itchin to get wet...and soon.

Either vehicle you bring will be good for CSSP. They have really good access all around it with plenty of parking fairly close to where you chose to enter the water. No need for off-roading. Everyone has their own preference as to what is the best place to enter. I like the East side, around near the RV hook up area. There are some pavillions, if they are not already reserved. Also there are plenty of trees on that side. It is also pretty centrally located on the lake so you can enter the water and not have to go the whole distance of the lake to get to your destination.

Clear Springs is pretty genteel as far as access goes but there's a lot to be said for the convenience of gearing up on the tailgate.

A lot of us head around to the east side of the pond. You turn right after going through the gate and drive until you see some shady looking people standing around in DIMWIT shirts. Foo is head of the "East Side Chamber of Commerce". (you being so proud of your new FoF status and all)

I plan on being there early also. Silver Honda CRV. John Richerso drives a blue pickup. Don't know if he'll be bluegrassin' or not but Timeliner drives a white Toyota pickup. Come over and hang with cool kids...and me. :)

I plan on being there early also. Silver Honda CRV. John Richerso drives a blue pickup. Don't know if he'll be bluegrassin' or not but Timeliner drives a white Toyota pickup. Come over and hang with cool kids...and me. :)

So I'm going to get to meet everyone AND Timeliner? This trip is just getting better and better. I will see you all on the East Side. I'll be either in a white Accord or a tan Chevy Z71. Still deciding.

Frank hasn't actually committed. He hemmed and hawed and said his reg was in for it's annual, etc. Oh, and I might re-assess my life if the high point to date was achieving Friend of Foo status and meeting the Governor. I'm just sayin'...

John (Richerso) and I are 100% at this point. He's been know to get a little tipsy on a Friday night, however. I'll just tell him to be in bed (alone) by 8pm. That should work.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Sorry we'll miss you Tony. The little girl still talks about that camping trip.

I plan to be there Saturday morning. Foo & Mr. Foo are likely to show up and Camp for the night. I guess I'll be arriving in the Retro Gypsy Girl RV and stay for an evening too.

Shoot, I'm booked up this weekend, otherwise I'd join ya'll!
Sounds like a real good time :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom