Possible inner ear problems??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EliteDetail once bubbled...
off to the ENT I go. i have an appointment tuesday to see if theres any problems. I also went ahead and ordered the proear 2000 mask to see if maybe water in my ear canals is causing some issues...wish me luck! Ive only been underwater scuba diving 3 times and I LOVE IT! i would hate to have to end or even limit my scuba experiances because of my damn ears.

Let us know what your ENT says. I'll also be curious to hear about your experience w/ the Proear mask.

jim

well the ENT wasnt much help...kind of a waste of 150 bux! ( no insurance) anyway he said that i have a bruised ear drum, nothing serious he says. he gave me some presciptions for Duratuss and for medrol. hope this stuff helps. he claism this will help my ears heal up and make it easier for me to equalize...i dont see how this will help me though but i guess we will see what happens. damn meds cost me 100.00 too! so we are at 250.00 now so it better help. oh and the 70.00 for that proear 2000 mask that I get tomorrow in the mail. Ill keep you updated.

EliteDetail once bubbled...
well the ENT wasnt much help...kind of a waste of 150 bux! ( no insurance) anyway he said that i have a bruised ear drum, nothing serious he says. he gave me some presciptions for Duratuss and for medrol. hope this stuff helps. he claism this will help my ears heal up and make it easier for me to equalize...i dont see how this will help me though but i guess we will see what happens. damn meds cost me 100.00 too! so we are at 250.00 now so it better help. oh and the 70.00 for that proear 2000 mask that I get tomorrow in the mail. Ill keep you updated.

FYI, Duratuss is nothing other than Robitussin + Sudafed. It's the Sudafed part that will be helping you...and generic pseudoephedrine would work just as well.

The medrol, on the other hand, is a steroid. He's hoping to knock down the inflammation in the ear/Eustachian tube & hopefully allow things to drain a bit more. That very well may help. Pretty damn costly, though, for the meds you got. Prednisone should be dirt cheap & we all know how cheap Sudafed is.... Sorry to hear you didn't have the best of experiences.

Jim

yep I sometimes find it painful equalising especially if I have to use some force (which you are not supposed to do)a painful piercing sensation. I usually find this is caused by frequently changing depths in shallow shore dives whilst exploring rock faces!
Hope you sought the problem out !

Back
Top Bottom