Post DEMA Show Reviews & Comments

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At the GoPro booth, were they showing a diver specific case? Something with a flat lens to fix the underwater focus issue?

I spoke with one of the guys and he said this would be available early in the new year...

I spoke with one of the guys and he said this would be available early in the new year...

Just adding to Karibelle, the flat lens for the Hero 2 was black and was square in shape, not round. They had it on display, but not for sale as she mentioned.

Gopro showed a housing which will be out soon with a flat lens port. They said it won't be bundled with a camera but will be sold seperatly

Our booth was totally slammed busy with people there to do business. Very happy with DEMA 2011 and it definitely surpassed our expectations (we were thinking it would be a bit slower than last year)

The Thermocline suits sounds great and supposedly Key west dive shop is a dealer. I will be checking that out

I had fun at the show.
I bought one of the EezyCut Trilobyte knives too. They look really sharp! (pardon the pun!)
I also picked up my Nautilus Lifeline VHF/GPS. "breaker, breaker 1 - 9!" "That's a big 10-4 good buddy!" Can't wait to try it out. I guess a dive trip is in order.

I liked the waterproof cases for I-phones and Droids.
Lots of walking!
Lots and lots of leftover Halloween candy!
The Scuba Radio mermaids made a brief appearance.
Saw some SB friends.
Saw some diver friends.
Got 9 pins (Spare Air, Spyderco, Ramons, DEMA(4), Trident, Scubaboard)

Anyway, 3 days at DEMA beats 3 days at work anyday! :D

I agree ! I found DEMA this year "uninteresting" to say the least. Once I paid for three days of parking (13.00 a day) plus the attendee fee of $155.00 then the additional price for courses, food, and lodging it was not worth it. Especially in this economy. I found nothing that really stood out this year in the product line, booths were also considerably smaller then the previous shows. I will wait another five years. However, the atmosphere is always fun to see everyone come together in one place.

DEMA Orlando is often less attended than the Vegas DEMA, some people and manufacturers will wait till DEMA comes around to Vegas again to attend.

I bought an Eezycut at the Long Beach Show. I have to say I am darned impressed with it - at least above water. It's not been pulled out underwater (and I hope to keep it that way). And, after about 30+ dives, it's holding up nicely attached to my BCD. No corrosion on the blade and the body looks clean. Good purchase for the price.

Glad you like the Trilobite and thanks for the feedback! Let us know if you ever have to use it:)

Back
Top Bottom