Post your boats!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think thats Morrison, I've never seen any signs at Morrison declaring it a no wake zone unfortunately.

This is my wagon!

police283.jpg

matt_unique:
I know I know.....I may want to look into some navigation classes. That damn pole came out of nowhere - you can see I had no room to steer around it! :wink:

Imagine??

Ha ha

--Matt

Every time I see this thread in the list I remember your 'post' and chuckle. Thanks, Matt!

3dent:
Every time I see this thread in the list I remember your 'post' and chuckle. Thanks, Matt!

Ha ha ha - it cracks me up too - I don't remember where I found that picture.... I don't have a picture of it but earlier this week I noticed a 28' Sea Ray with a mangled bow. This was clearly a head on collision. I was looking at the windshield to see if there were any dents from the passengers.

--Matt

I think you have a cool boat hope you get it in the water soon

KOMPRESSOR:
I don't know if there's been a thread like this one before, but I'll give it a go. I'm amazed by the awsome boats some of you guys use for diving, or just for getting out to sea (away from the Mrs too perhaps?)

Anyway, we have a budget building project in our garden. Most likely there for another year, since we just bought our first home. The house needs some refitting too before we are happy with it.

Here it is:

Camera%20Picture%2021.jpg

Baten_bak.jpg

It's a 23ft crab fishingboat from the UK, originally fitted with a V8 gas engine and a tiny doghouse. The hull is about 1" thick... It has now been rebuildt with a new house and a deep keel and refitted with an overhauled 45 HP GMC diesel. We've also made an opening in the rear for easy in and out + we are fitting a platform in the rear. Not the prettiest sight around but by golly how practical for diving! In Norway you never have to go far offshore for great dive spots and gas is about $6 a Gallon... (Boat diesel is only $3/Gallon).

We got an old Chevy Suburban 4x4 diesel just for towing it with us to go diving on the west coast of Norway...

Oh, the pics are not in our new garden! Here's our new garden:

hedmark6910412203004956_1-b.jpg

:) :) :)

Mercruiser engine with a 454 gm engine with a bravo 2 outdrive.Due to high fuel prices it hasnt seen the water since I pulled it out for the winter,this weekend though.Best handling boat I have ever owned but there is something about ease of operation on my smaller boats

View of Lake Travis (outside Austin, TX) from the top of my mast (notice the climbing gear?).
View of my boat at night in the slip.

1969 Pearson Wanderer

2250 psi cornelius compressor
2Kw PROSine Inverter (I strongly recommend PROSine inverters to anyone interested in inverters)
370 Ah Battery power (250lbs of deep cycle batteries)
Onkyo 700 Watt Surround Sound Receiver, 200 Watt subwoofer (dual 12 inch)
New full batten, extended roach mainsail
Relocated mainsheet to mid boom from end boom (hand built)
12000 BTU AC/Heat Pump
12V/120V refrigerated ice box
19in Flat Panel LCD
Shuttle Small Form Factor PC, 2GHz AMD Athlon, digital 5.1 sound

Old pictures. I have started into the design phase of a retractable rear dive platform. Also working on adding scuba tank storage to cockpit lockers.

Back
Top Bottom