Power of Camouflage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee:
I haven't used the SMacro mode very much but I understood that the internal flash was disabled in SMacro mode.
The camera's TTL flash is disabled in SMacro mode, but you can get the slave flash to fire at 10 levels of brightness in A and M shooting mode (OK >> MODE MENU >> CAMERA >> FLASH >> SLAVE >> LEVEL 1-10). This is what calypsonick is using to light the subject in SMacro mode, by manually selecting a brightness level.
Note: Slave flash was never intended (by Olympus) to light the subject in SMacro mode, only as a 'trigger' for an external 'slave' flash (or strobe). Idea was that at that distance, if you use the internal flash, you could get the lens barrel shadow on the subject and also may only light the top portion of the scene - hence TTL is disabled.

I have color deficiency in my sight, and even I was blown away by the color! That's one very cool pic.

wow!

SeaYoda:
How did you get the black background with just the internal flash?
SeaYoda, as justleesa said, the higher shutter speeds tend to result in darker backgrounds. The combo that consistently seems to work for me on close-ups in supermacro is high slave flash intensity +10, f-stop in the 6-8 range and high shutter speed 300-1000/s.

calypsonick:
SeaYoda, as justleesa said, the higher shutter speeds tend to result in darker backgrounds. The combo that consistently seems to work for me on close-ups in supermacro is high slave flash intensity +10, f-stop in the 6-8 range and high shutter speed 300-1000/s.
Thanks. Something to add to my list of "try this when you get the time" :D .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom