Preparing for fundamentals / intro to tech

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All you have to do is actually go diving and watch what goes on around you.

People literally cannot do these things. To include some cave and tech divers. It’s not really debatable. It’s objectively true.
You guys always wheel out ****** divers as an argument for gue. I see them all the time. I've seen by far worse in France than in Florida. I've seen people in french cave country which tanks ratched strapped to a 30 year old bcd, swimming upright like a seahorse kicking, I've seen a dude bring a tank for welding gas into cave... only because some people suck or do wacky stuff doesn't mean everybody has to go to one agency to learn easy stuff. It also doesn't mean that someone can't try doubles or practice closing their valve before they have done a class (which was the topic).
You keep bringing stuff up I never said or disputed.

You guys always wheel out ****** divers as an argument for gue. I see them all the time. I've seen by far worse in France than in Florida. I've seen people in french cave country which tanks ratched strapped to a 30 year old bcd, swimming upright like a seahorse kicking, I've seen a dude bring a tank for welding gas into cave... only because some people suck or do wacky stuff doesn't mean everybody has to go to one agency to learn easy stuff. It also doesn't mean that someone can't try doubles or practice closing their valve before they have done a class (which was the topic).
You keep bringing stuff up I never said or disputed.
Well… yeah? If instructors are signing off **** divers and generally GUE doesn’t do that, why wouldn’t I bring it up? The idea is to not be ******.

Again, what’s the point of training?

Well… yeah? If instructors are signing off **** divers and generally GUE doesn’t do that, why wouldn’t I bring it up? The idea is to not be ******.

Again, what’s the point of training?
I have you idea what you're even trying to argue about.

I have you idea what you're even trying to argue about.
I’ll summarize:

You: valves are NBD. Anyone can do it.

Others: eh, GUE wants it done a certain way and there’s benefit to learning that in a formal setting.

Me: some people can’t do it, GUE provides a path to do it well. Go watch a dive site and see for yourself. People kinda suck sometimes

You: yeah some people suck but you bring up people who suck to advocate for GUE.

Me: if they had quality training they wouldn’t suck as bad. GUE doesn’t certify people who suck (usually)

you: I don’t even understand what’s going on. I’m confus.

This is a lost cause. I’m pretty sure Berndo gets it. But he gets less attention than when he acts like a raving lunatic contrarian. Turning valves is easy. Teslas, fanboys, apple, koolaid. He just throws this crap out there to stoke arguments for no reason and doesn’t realize we would all actually have decent conversations with him if he just had a discussion rather than just throwing out veiled insults and catchphrases. I love that even when arguing with AJ he pulls out comments to insinuate you don’t know what you’re talking about and you’re just regurgitating marketing. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a single piece of gue marketing that even touches on valve drills. All the gue marketing I see is pretty people diving pretty places.

This is a lost cause. I’m pretty sure Berndo gets it. But he gets less attention than when he acts like a raving lunatic contrarian. Turning valves is easy. Teslas, fanboys, apple, koolaid.
You're as full of it as AJ. I argued against the stupid piece of advice that the OP should not try or do anything before talking training from your cult. It's just the same talking points over and over again... AJ is bringing up stuff I never said and avoids the point altogether, because you guys probably know that the 'bad habit' building is nonsense. So you go to insult me and claim that's what I'm doing. 🙄
Some non-chain restaurants suck so you're now just going to McDonalds... that's your and AJ's logic. And then you get class on how to use the drive-through... cause some people are to dumb to use it those.

BTW: Should be pretty obviousy to everyone reading that everybody who's plugging anything but gue and only gue is going to be attacked by the zealots. Typical gue crowd with the same talking points.

You're as full of it as AJ. I argued against the stupid piece of advice that the OP should not try or do anything before talking training from your cult. It's just the same talking points over and over again... AJ is bringing up stuff I never said and avoids the point altogether, because you guys probably know that the 'bad habit' building is nonsense. So you go to insult me and claim that's what I'm doing. 🙄
Some non-chain restaurants suck so you're now just going to McDonalds... that's your and AJ's logic. And then you get class on how to use the drive-through... cause some people are to dumb to use it those.

BTW: Should be pretty obviousy to everyone reading that everybody who's plugging anything but gue and only gue is going to be attacked by the zealots. Typical gue crowd with the same talking points.
Dude, you're so clueless. In one post I explained why not to teach yourself things because there are protocols taught in fundies that are particular to GUE. If he teaches himself the wrong thing and gains muscle memory, it can become a problem. A great example with valve drills is dropping your head down. So many people naturally drop their head down in the struggle to reach a valve. In reality, that makes it harder to reach the valve and also takes your eyes away from your teammate who should be coming to help and the line if you're in a cave.

You're literally here to argue. The sad thing is at this point it's hard to tell if you get off on being a troll or if you're too clueless to realize that you're a troll.

To your btw comment. I have stated multiple times I disagree with some things GUE recommends. I've been trained by multiple agencies and follow the good that I've been taught by good instructors and avoid the bad advice I've received. Anytime someone asks about GUE training I clearly state there are non-GUE instructors who do a great job. The point I always make is the reason I like GUE is it's easier than any other tech agency to get standardized, quality instruction. AJ has also been critical of several GUE related ideas/topics and I know you've been part of those threads. You're classic reaction when people give you counterpoints is to try to either directly say they're just fanboys or veil the comment like you just did in your btw section.

Sent from my iphone while sitting in the parking lot of my crossfit gym in my Tesla sipping KoolAid flavored preworkout.

The OP of the thread is asking how to prepare for fundamentals. Are you really surprised the answers revolve around GUE?

You're acting like the OP is asking about what color fins to buy and everyone is responding with "take fundies, now!"

you guys probably know that the 'bad habit' building is nonsense.
Did you really never have to unlearn a bad habit? Not even once, in anything, athletic or otherwise? Must be nice to do everything perfectly on the first try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom