Princeton Tec Shockwave LED Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

booth22:
I don't know what happened to Vince's lights, but ours have been great and really bright. We looked at the UK HID, but at $80 a pop for bulbs, I'll stick with my LEDs. Plus Princeton Tec has great customer service (for us anyway) and is great about fixing gear or sending new stuff out. Just another opinion for you....

And jtoorish, try here... http://www.princetontec.com/contact/

Problem was flooding. I used these lights for back-up to my UK HID. On three separate occations, the lights flooded without being used. I am meticulous w/ maintenence and orings were completely clean and caps not screwed down overly tight. Each time PT did replace the light, but got to the point I could not trust that the light would fire as a back-up. Have never had a problem w/ my UK light cannon which I now use as a back-up on deeper divers. I just don'e trust the PT lights but will give them a plus for customer service. In the end - you get what you pay for...

I have the light cannon and the pt shockwave led.

IMO you have to 'baby' the light cannon (though I do love it). If you drop it out of the water, figure you are going to have to buy a new bulb. You shouldn't use your light cannon above water as it gets hot enough that the plastic can melt. When I turn on my light cannon I feel like a Jedi Warror (I usually laugh out loud and make the light saber noises before dropping down).

I travel with the princeton tec. It sits in my dive gear bag and has been beat up and it is the one that I loan to people if the need arises, I've yet to have any problems. I do try and take good care of my lights as neither company has to replace a light that was ruined due to diver error (Can you imagine how long car companies would stay in business if they replaced a car at no charge each time you wrecked it?). I would also recommend not storing the batteries in them if you won't be using them for some time. The UKs were designed to be used with a specific kind of battery (duracell comes to mind) so always replace with that type of battery.

I have had good luck so far with my PT-LED light.

Back
Top Bottom