Private Beach w/ great vis.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By the way, right off the "Goat Path" is where I saw the 5 ft torpedo ray last year.

Yes Jeremy is a great guy to dive with. I credit him and Shawn for showing all the places to dive in Jamestown
(Beavertail especially).

Now I am really upset thet you disclosed the wereabouts of the secret torpedo ray. I usually visit him every other weekend and bring him squidd which he loves dearly. If I go there next weekend and see he's not there I'm going to be mad at you guys becuase you probably scared him away. "Oh by the way it is a he".

P.S. Please don't tell her were the large oversized lobster lives.

Chris

Don't worry, there is no way I am going anywhere near an electrogenic fish with squid and if I do see "him" while I have squid I will drop squid and do my "walking on water" routine. No shock therapy for me thanks. What's "his" name anyway? :wink: Your precious lobster (if it exists) is perfectly safe in my presence seeing as I am NOT an RI resident (thank the stars!) and thus am ineligible for a lobster license. I can't garuntee the safety of lobsters around my buddy however. :wink:

Great!! Then I wont have any concerns about Zapper being manhandled by you. And the lobster is oversize so it can't be taken ?

Zapper?! LMAO! No I won't touch him nor will I feed him. I'd probably have a heart attack if I did see him. May I ask how you determined gender without touching him? *snicker* That's one fish I wouldn't chase :wink: Don't ask me about thier lobster laws here, I just go to school here.

Acutually I saw him on top of another torpedo ray so I assume he's a male.

Nice try, doesn't work that way exactly. If I see it and don't have a heart attack I'll tell you if it's a him or a her :wink:

ScubaSarus:
Great!! Then I wont have any concerns about Zapper being manhandled by you. And the lobster is oversize so it can't be taken ?

Dude! You can't claim the big goat path torpedo too! You weren't even on that dive with me! As far as I know the only one you saw was the puny little 3 foot torpedo at Bass Rock road! That guy was more of a 9-volt battery than a zapper! :wink:

Keep this up and I will tell her about how to find you super secret dive site called the Atlantic Ocean! :D

By the way Matt and I did Fort Point and then the cove to cove dive around the Island dive at Ft. Wetherill. Vis was 10-15 ft. Saw a TON of fish on the cove to cove dive. Saw 3 Spotfins, several 30-40 inch stripers, one of the Gidds favorites the snowy grouper, a sennet, plus all the local usual suspects (flounder, skates, scup, cunner).

We also found a HUGE snarl of heavy steel cable off Fort Point at around 70-80 ft. I talked to the guys at OSS about and it and it appears what we found was some steel cable from the anti-submarine net deployed across Narragansett Bay during WWII. I pre-emptively named the pile of cable the "Scubasarus Rat's Nest".

ScubaSarus:
Acutually I saw him on top of another torpedo ray so I assume he's a male.

Was this before or after your underwater chess game with Nessie?

Hee hee I think he is just being tetchy because he opted to stay home and do homework instead of going diving :wink:

Sounds like you guys saw some cool stuff today :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom