Private car with Driver Cairo - Hurghada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is what i have (was researching anyway...):
For private transfer have a look here. They state 5 h and about 200 USD.
Egypt Air Flight from CAI to HRG = 1 h and 60 USD
GoBus Egypt from Cairo(Tahir) to Hurghada = 7 h and 13 USD in Aero First Class (incl. drinks, food, ...).
My gut feeling say that the journey is safer in a bus than in car or a van.
Curious to hear how others would do that trip.

Email your selected Hurghada resort, and they may have a recommendation or direct contact for your transportation needs. Although not as far of a drive as you are contemplating, when we stayed at Ft. Arabesque, the resort's concierge arranged travel for my wife and I between the resort and Luxor, which was just about a four hour drive, including a checkpoint and pit stop. I don't remember the cost, but did not think it unreasonable for a private van for just the two of us.

Your country’s embassy in Cairo will very likely provide you an excellent starting list. They may even offer a discount you’d find difficult to match or beat.

Here is what i have (was researching anyway...):
For private transfer have a look here. They state 5 h and about 200 USD.
Egypt Air Flight from CAI to HRG = 1 h and 60 USD
GoBus Egypt from Cairo(Tahir) to Hurghada = 7 h and 13 USD in Aero First Class (incl. drinks, food, ...).
My gut feeling say that the journey is safer in a bus than in car or a van.
Curious to hear how others would do that trip.
Thanks, thats GREAT Advice, really appreciate your research, Dankeschön ;-)

Within Hurghada/Safaga I have used Hurghada Drivers and they have always seemed very good. On their website they quote 150USD for a one way journey to Cairo. I would guess they would use a minivan rather than a car.

thanks all, I used Hurghadadrivers, great experience with them. (they organized the trip in a private car from Cairo to Hurghada (actually sent the driver from Hurghada) I also used them for a trip from Hurghada to Luxor and Aswan :thanks:
Also for anybody inside Cairo or Hurghada, the Uber App works well (just select pay cash) and is a CHEAP way to move around Cairo and Hurghada. I grew tired quite quickly haggling with Taxi drivers. :)

Back
Top Bottom