Probably wrong place to put this, but...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gel is not toothpaste.

Toothpaste is the white minty creamy stuff that actually cleans.

Mask cleaning and clearing and wetsuit putting are learned techniques.

And they are teqniques that do not require a makeup case
and the shopping bags it came in to perfect.

Gel is not toothpaste.

Toothpaste is the white minty creamy stuff that actually cleans.

Mask cleaning and clearing and wetsuit putting are learned techniques.

And they are teqniques that do not require a makeup case
and the shopping bags it came in to perfect.

ROTFL Knowone, ROTFL... :D

That's the stuff I used - it wasn't a gel when I cleaned my mask. I guess I'll have a a few more learning experiences, eh?

Some softscrub also works great at cleaning a new mask and wow thats some cold water. The coldest I have dove in is 68 with a thermoprene jane and jacket. I've got to build up my cold water resistance and buy a heavier fullbody. The chinese proverb also is applicable for saltwater :D

Many people engage their body's heating mechanism (urinate) when they jump in cold water. If you had to do the other thing, then there is also a technique for doing that as well :wink:.

I think you may be speaking of the warhammer maneuver. :)

Many people engage their body's heating mechanism (urinate) when they jump in cold water. If you had to do the other thing, then there is also a technique for doing that as well :wink:.

Yeah that I've heard... but since it wasn't my pool, I thought it would be best to use the restroom than going in the wetsuit. It was the urination situation as well.

Nothing personal, but when it comes to something that's going to be on me, I'd rather by new.
There are two types of divers: those who pee in their wetsuit and those who lie about it. :D

There are two types of divers: those who pee in their wetsuit and those who lie about it. :D

FWIW...I haven't done that yet... :rofl3: Everytime I get underwater I forget I have to pee. i wonder if it's the water pressure??? I seriously had to go for over 2 hours once and didn't feel like it underwater. :idk: I swear I'm not lying :wink:

Well, I got some pics of the original night here. No, there's not a lot of action, but hey, at least there are some pictures. :D So here they are. The light that either I am grabbing or putting down is just a normal Mag lite with a LED conversion kit in it. Nothing special. I might have to invest in a dive light here pretty soon. Especially if Monterey is going to be a normal location. Anywayz, enuff with the rambling on and on... here's the pics...

mid_14985-BD4E33A294714C7A8106B99958056151.jpg

Looks like the next one is going to be the one where I am getting the light.

mid_14985-2631CADC28044EED8A3A72D95FF9DDB5.jpg

Enjoy!

As you can tell from the First pic, this is an outdoor pool and the water was cold. If I am not mistaken as I stated in the OP, I believe the water was in the high 40's to low 50's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom