Problem guests on a liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The thing that irritates me is when you're out there for a week with bad divers.

I agree completely. The aggravation is compounded when they are "experienced" divers with many dives under their belts.

My number one complaint is photographers who forget their bouyancy skills the second they start looking through a view finder.

The proliferation of cheap cameras is going to be the death of our reefs. Whether it's chasing them away or crushing the live stuff. Amazing how many "experienced" divers shoot their subject while oblivious to the strobe and arms and whatever else destroying the stuff next to their subject.

That and going 20 different directions other than the plan was supposed to be so Mr Dive Guide holds us all up while waiting for 30 feet deeper solo diving without the gear camera dude. I guess so many times without a problem means you can throw all the safety rules out the window. Here we are at 65 while you're way over there at 85, while we dive in the middle of nowhere, off a boat which makes 8 knots. OK.

Wait, what? There's a plan? That we are actually supposed to follow?

You're kidding me, right?

I spent all this money! I can do whatever I want!

/sarcasm

Idiots are not just in the dive industry, but some days I sure feel like we've gotted more of our share. :)

Hi,

We have been on loads of liveaboards. We usually have a great time and we usually make good friends, but one thing we learnt is that there is always "one"... one person who hates everything and is only content once they let everyone else know it. Once you find out who that person is, you can turn it into a joke and simply see it as entertainment... as suggested above.

If however, that person really is ruining everyone else's time, you can either let the divemasters know or just address it face to face but in a fun way. "Are you always this msierable or just practising " works wonders.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom