Problems with Scuba.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Our policy for International shipment:

• Customer is responsible for all duty rates, customs and brokerage fees - this amount is automatically calculated when you check out for specific countries.
• Due to extra Security measures that are being taken for card holder protection there is a $250 order minimum, or a $25 service charge.
• International orders are shipped by Federal Express/USPS and will be billed at our actual cost.
• International orders can only be shipped to the billing address for the credit card being used or if you want to pay by wire transfer, bankers check or draft we can ship to any address in the world once we receive payment.
• Orders to Canada are charged an additional $20.00 for the entire order and will be shipped via US Mail, which does not allow package tracking. There may be additional taxes and duty fees, and delays as the package goes through customs.
For Federal Express shipping to Canada (Click Here for Details).

The Low Scuba.com Shipping Special

I must say I have problems with Scuba.com as well. I sent in an SPG to exchange from Oceanic and was told the turnaround would be 1 week, but it's been 3 weeks now. Which is fine I can understand a delay, but numerous requests to have them call Oceanic to find out why the delay have produced nothing. They're always polite but don't follow through.

Adam

I must say I have problems with Scuba.com as well. I sent in an SPG to exchange from Oceanic and was told the turnaround would be 1 week, but it's been 3 weeks now. Which is fine I can understand a delay, but numerous requests to have them call Oceanic to find out why the delay have produced nothing. They're always polite but don't follow through.

Adam

Except for the product, and the retailer I had the same issue with my LDS... And it took 13 months to reslove... And it was the last time they saw me in their shop...

Posted via Mobile Device

Like it, or lump it, these seem pretty clear. As long as these have not changed since you looked to place your order, I would save the wire transfer is your only choice. I would not be comfortable with it either, so I feel your pain, but the rules seem to have been spelled out pretty clearly.

Our policy for International shipment:

• Customer is responsible for all duty rates, customs and brokerage fees - this amount is automatically calculated when you check out for specific countries.
• Due to extra Security measures that are being taken for card holder protection there is a $250 order minimum, or a $25 service charge.
• International orders are shipped by Federal Express/USPS and will be billed at our actual cost.
• International orders can only be shipped to the billing address for the credit card being used or if you want to pay by wire transfer, bankers check or draft we can ship to any address in the world once we receive payment.
• Orders to Canada are charged an additional $20.00 for the entire order and will be shipped via US Mail, which does not allow package tracking. There may be additional taxes and duty fees, and delays as the package goes through customs.
For Federal Express shipping to Canada (Click Here for Details).

The Low Scuba.com Shipping Special

And I am glad to be rid of you :wink:. Never come back.

Except for the product, and the retailer I had the same issue with my LDS... And it took 13 months to reslove... And it was the last time they saw me in their shop...

Posted via Mobile Device

Mistake I've made as well, the site you want to use is Scubatoys.com :)

Scuba.com has some issues, I mean you'll get your stuff eventually, it's just that it's like getting a tooth pulled dealing with them. Scubatoys has awesome customer service and all my orders have either been issue-free plus one where they did outstanding work (upgrading a reg for free because they were out and I wanted it the same week). Don't know about LeisurePro, but they don't have manufacturer's warranties so I avoid.

My understanding with LeisurePro is they honor any Mfg warranty as if they were the Mfg. I have not had a chance or occasion to test that yet, but I feel comfortable in buying from them. Purchases to date are a Seaquest Pearl BC, Scubapro Mask and fins.:D

My understanding with LeisurePro is they honor any Mfg warranty as if they were the Mfg. I have not had a chance or occasion to test that yet, but I feel comfortable in buying from them. Purchases to date are a Seaquest Pearl BC, Scubapro Mask and fins.:D

The thing is I want to get stuff serviced locally, so there is a big difference over who holds the warranty.

The gauge that was brought into our Repair Dept was damaged by the customer and was a discontinued style. We were able to contact Oceanic and find a refurbished unit. Their regular turn around is 2 to 3 weeks from the time they receive it, which during the summer months maybe longer. Our Returns manager has been on the phone with both our customer and Oceanic and we proceeding as quickly as possible. If you feel there is a problem that is not being resolved in a timely or professional manner you can contact Bill in the Returns Dept. bill@scuba.com. We do apologize for the delay and hope to resolve this as quickly as possible.

We have just contacted Oceanic regarding the replacement gauge. They have confirmed that the unit should arrive at our Irvine location within the next three days.

Last edited:
[I:
Why do these always seem to be first posts?[/I]

It seems more and more that bringing problems up in the forums is an easier way to get things corrected or settled for some companies anyway.

I wish I would have complained on the forums when one of the companies listed in this thread was jacking me around. The problem would have been resolved better than them saying oh well, too bad.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom