ProPlus 3 doesn't log air usage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is_907

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I bought a ProPlus 3 recently and *love* it. It's exactly what I want in ease of use.

However, I'm very interested in logging my air consumption, and it doesn't look like the logbook feature of the PP3 tracks air usage.

Is this something I could see if I got the USB cable and transferred my dive logs to some software?
Or do I just need to write it down?

Yes, if you got the USB cable and downloaded your dive logs, dive software will be able to calculate your air consumption rate. I use subsurface.

Something to note is that the USB cable for the PP3 can be tricky to get working.

Cheers,

Jim

Thanks Jim!

That makes the $90 for the cable worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got a PP3 and was disappointed to find that it didn't display start and end tank pressures in the log on the computer. Having to deal with getting that info via USB is a PITA. Except for wanting the big display that could have been a deal breaker.

I know this is an older thread, but wanted to share that the proper software, like Diving Log 6.0, makes a world of difference in the amount of information you will see and be able to analyze. Some may think using the cable to upload the data is a PITA, but I think you will find it is worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom