PSD: 2nd Annual ScubaBoard 17th Annual OceanWATCH Clean-up Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I wound up spending the day running the family around town, but an afternoon phone call from Jenny let me know the party was on, and I packed up the car, complete with refreshments and headed down!!!

The usual suspects were already in place, and I was met at the door with a rum drink by Marvelicious herself (thanks, sweetie!!). Orlando_Eric (who may require a screen name change one of these days), down4fun, SFLDiver, and new additions Alex and Donna (hope she makes it onto the board) were already hanging and ready to party!

As always, rum drinks flowed, Conch talk continued (if you were not there, you WERE discussed :) ), and good ol' Jimmy B. added some tunes (thanks guys for putting up with my music fetish).

Alas, the evening ended and Jenny and I were the last remaining Conch Sluts........and the conversation from there is anyone's guess!!

Sorry this weekend was flooded out; however, I will start planning a Conch dive or five in the near future........I'm feeling the urge to submerge!!!!!

Krista that is a pretty good After After Party trip report.
As far as the actual beach clean up, Hermit Crab and I arrived at the pier around 9:00 A.M., ready to do some cleaning. We had to wait for an OK to go on the beach as a storm had just passed. So, we grabbed a trash bag and vinyl surgical gloves and set out to the third lifeguard shack to the south and walked back. We found a pair of sandels, loads and loads of cigarette butts, bottle caps, and pieces of plastic. Total weight we found was 12 lbs. Hermit Crab had been comissioned by Keith (of oceanwatch) to help hand out T shirts and water. Also, there were goodie bags and coolers to hand out. Pompano Proud, a volunteer organization, were quite pleased with Hermit Crabs volunteer efforts, and I am a proud Mom as well.
We met up with Marvel and a guest, and eventually headed down to John U. Lloyd State Park for the after party. Since the weather kept so many away, they waived the food fee!
Considering the weather, and having to cancel the diving, the reef sweep collected about 5,000 lbs of garbage!
The diving portion will be rescheduled.

Altough I was a slacker when itcaqme to the clean up, Jenny hooked both an out of town guest & myself up for the picnic afterwards- it was a blast although neither Jenny or I won the free trip to a Sandals resort of choice- we've got a pact that if either of us wins a trip for two, we will take the other one. Headed home to pick up my own car & down to Jenny's. Let me tell you folks, Jenny sure does know how to feed a crowd & with the rum tote in her possession, quench their thirst as well! :wink: I had a great time hanging out talking dives & fishes & finally learning the secret to the ring drop... if you don't get it, you have to join us for the next party. Thanks for a fantastic time, Jenny et al- I only wish I could have stayed for the late night CS part of it but, I had my usual weekend house guest & obligations in the morning to see to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom