PST E-8 Tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi jgarysmith,

...among my tank 'collection' I have a PST HP E7-120 and an E8-130.....I like both tanks, as singles though. I also dive an OMS LP 112 (single) and 2 sets of 'small' doubles' OMS/Faber LP85's, and really enjoy those as well.

I'd recommend you think long and hard on doubling something like an E8-130, to me the weight is way too much on land....you might hate diving them simply because it's such a project to get them to the water in the first place.

Kark

A beautiful, natural, attractive dull gray that says "I'm not a newbie diver or some resort twice-a-year warm water weenie. I'm serious about this..."

The PST E8130 is as close to natures perfect single cylinder as I've found. Doubling this would be challenging. As a single, it fits well, dives well, offers a mad gas supply, and sports the requisite color and material spec.

Dull gray - the way God intended tanks to look.

Trying to keep them shiney is like trying to keep a piece of finely crafted teak furniture from attaining its naturally aged patina. It'd be like a penny-shiney Statue of Liberty. It'd be like those drummers that polish their Zildjian K's or the clowns that break out the buffer to a 1920's Conn horn. Laquer on this thing would remove its chance to age into fine sophistication. It's like Botox for your tank, man. Let it grow old with some dignity and a few well worn battle scars. Those are the memories. Crimany. If you want fresh gear - ArmorAll up a pair of Pink fins. Don't grafitti your cylinder.

The rules:

No Stickers (save the Viz sticker and maybe some duct tape to ID your 32 blend)

No colors (eek)

No tank mesh (yeah, right....LDS saw you coming)

And take off that stupid huge round blue and white PST sticker before you go diving... or me and my buddies will snicker at the bullseye stain the sticker goo will leave forever on your tank.

Dull gray. GET IT?

Man. Don't make me bust this out again. I hate it when I'm screaming at the computer.

K

Mo2vation:
The rules:

And take off that stupid huge round blue and white PST sticker before you go diving... or me and my buddies will snicker at the bullseye stain the sticker goo will leave forever on your tank.

I guess I better take it that sticker off my new E7-80! Typically, I put unusual stickers on my trash cans so after they get all mixed together during trash day I can ID my trash cans from my neighbors, doggie doo infested, trash cans. So guess where that nice LARGE PST sticker is going. Not in the trash, but ON the trash!

Wow,
I did not mean to stir up such big emotions on tank finishes. I will take off the big sticker so I don't let someone think I am a beginning diver or newbie. What do I do with my nice brushed alum 80's I have doubled up? :eyebrow:

Aerodog:
I guess I better take it that sticker off my new E7-80! Typically, I put unusual stickers on my trash cans so after they get all mixed together during trash day I can ID my trash cans from my neighbors, doggie doo infested, trash cans. So guess where that nice LARGE PST sticker is going. Not in the trash, but ON the trash!

Mine are on a couple of large rolling Anvil cases I carry the Drums in...

K

I wasn't sure what to expect when I dove them as singles.

With a SS backplate and an STA, they trim out very well. I have not experienced any "head down" issues, although they seem to get a tiny bit butt light in or around 900 psi.

You have a lot of gas ( 10 pounds) when pumped up and it shows when you get deeper .

My two cents

Vertigo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom