PST E8's in Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for the sensitivity Boog.
I've seen the 'B' word hurt many friends in the scuba business during my 30 year industry career. In many cases it was nothing but an attempt to cause hurt with no foundation at all. In many cases the rumors were the cause of the closing of a business that was struggling but making headway.
I am senstitive about it but I'm glad in this case it's been put to rest.

Perhaps, with your invitation, I can seek the readers opinions on what the selling price of the E-8s ought to be. This should be interesting!

Let me explain the situation. Based on the cost of the tanks, the suggested retail should be $650 CDN. ($495US).
It seems as is usually the case with scuba cylinders that the market value is much less than that. I don't know how it gets started, but once a dive store drops the price, others feel compelled to do the same. With tanks it's particularly irritating since there is no other source for scuba tanks, unlike masks, wet suits, etc., than the dive stores.
However, keeping in mind that the dive store owner has made a big investment in his time and money to open a store and provide the divers with his services and that he must see a return on that investment sufficient to sustain the business, what is the 'right' price for an E-8?

Oh boy! What have I done??!!

Uh oh Seahunter...

You've opened up the floodgates now! :D
If you really want to see some "action" on that post I think you should post it as a new thread as it is kinda hidden at the bottom of this 6 page marathon..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom