Public meeting on the subject of opening Wakulla to scuba divers Thurs, Jan 19 at 7pm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The state should send some disinterested third parties to see if it's safe to dive there. You know, some instructors and local dive shop owners to evaluate safety.

when does cindy butler get her chance to be under the bus? why does she get to do all that sweet permit diving with no backlash?

To be fair, Cindy played a HUGE part in busting up the "private cave" that a select few individuals used to have in Hart Springs. That "exploration permit" that was being used to film the waters journey and make an income for a select few individuals. I've always wondered why that permit holder, with his ties to training agencies, gear manufactures, and permit only sites always flew under the radar.

Cindy and Casey both provide a clear path for individuals to assist with their permits, and I've taken advantage of that opportunity with both of them, rather than going on the internet and crying about their standards. As an FYI, Cindy does not "own" the Oleno permit that her and Al use frequently, and it's written so that only those specifically listed can participate. From my understanding Mike Poucher is the lead on that.

For those of you wanting more dive sites open to the public, I strongly recommend writing the same individuals and starting an effort to get the following site open. It's relatively shallow and has way better visibility on average than Wakulla...and better yet, it's only a few miles from Amigo's dive center! I included the suggestion in my letter to state park management as well as gov officials about the Wakulla Springs debate, and suggest all cave divers do the same.
Cave Diving in Rose Sink Cave System: Dive Rite - YouTube

but saved all her private honey holes for herself and her select few divers.
our tax dollars pay for those parks why can't we have equal access? this is bull****.

To be fair, Cindy played a HUGE part in busting up the "private cave" that a select few individuals used to have in Hart Springs. That "exploration permit" that was being used to film the waters journey and make an income for a select few individuals. I've always wondered why that permit holder, with his ties to training agencies, gear manufactures, and permit only sites always flew under the radar.

Cindy and Casey both provide a clear path for individuals to assist with their permits, and I've taken advantage of that opportunity with both of them, rather than going on the internet and crying about their standards. As an FYI, Cindy does not "own" the Oleno permit that her and Al use frequently, and it's written so that only those specifically listed can participate. From my understanding Mike Poucher is the lead on that.

For those of you wanting more dive sites open to the public, I strongly recommend writing the same individuals and starting an effort to get the following site open. It's relatively shallow and has way better visibility on average than Wakulla...and better yet, it's only a few miles from Amigo's dive center! I included the suggestion in my letter to state park management as well as gov officials about the Wakulla Springs debate, and suggest all cave divers do the same.
Cave Diving in Rose Sink Cave System: Dive Rite - YouTube

James-you may want to check some fact errors in your post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom