Q for anyone using a Kraken KRL-09S / Weefine WFL-09S wet lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vkalia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Folks, a question for those of you who have used either of these lenses:

- How many turns does it take to screw one into a 67mm thread? I had a Kraken WA adapter for my backup TG5 rig and that blessed thing would take freaking ages to attach.

- Alternatively, are there flip adapter alternatives that work with this lens? I read somewhere that you can use the Nauticam flip holder with it, and thats one option, but it chaps my rear to pay $350 or whatever for a simple bit of machined metal. If i have to buy it, i have to buy it - but if anyone knows of a less expensive alternative, I’m all ears.

TIA!

(Photo for no reason other than we all like photos)

Attachments

• RajaAmpat-Apr24-906.jpeg
    RajaAmpat-Apr24-906.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 11
Hi. You can find these on Aliexpress for 20+ USD. But I'm affraid that you may lose some of that wide angle and see the lens hood in the pictures. Just search for "aliexpress m67 flip lens adapter".

M67-flip-adapter.jpg

Hi. You can find these on Aliexpress for 20+ USD. But I'm affraid that you may lose some of that wide angle and see the lens hood in the pictures. Just search for "aliexpress m67 flip lens adapter".

Hi - thanks for that info. TBH, i would prefer to get something better, which lets the lens sit closer to the port and doesnt cause vignetting. No point spending $1k on the wet lens and then ruining it with bad positioning.

Worst case, i will get the Nauticam flip, but i am hoping someone makes something that does the same job for a fair bit less. :)

Would a Nauticam bayonet mount work?
I have heard mixed things.

Some places say yes when it comes to the Weefine.
Backscatter says it wont, for the Kraken.

The two look identical to me.

It’s a struggle finding a shop here in Asia which has it in stock, too.

I have heard mixed things.

Some places say yes when it comes to the Weefine.
Backscatter says it wont, for the Kraken.

The two look identical to me.

It’s a struggle finding a shop here in Asia which has it in stock, too.

I've sent an email to seller where I bought mine WFL12. 🙂

They have Nauticam bayonets and WeeFine wet lenses on stock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom