QC6 hard to connect

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tyr76

New
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,

my Golem BOV is connected via QC6 (female) to a BO tank (QC6 male), said tank is always open (regulator has a flow stopper); I find extremely hard to connect the QC6 as long as there is pressure in the hose, is that a "thing" or am I doing it wrong?
Thanks

Absolute Rebreather noob here, but the QC6 is a quick disconnect kinda junction yeah?
I had a similar experience couple times when messing with the drysuit inflator (I’m also kind of a drysuit noob 😅)
(I might also be doing it wrong, or it was that specific rental drysuit)
very interested to know either way

ps: please ignore me if I’m completely off the rails here (running on zero sleep)

Same here. My solution is to open the valve after connecting the QC6. Can't connect with thick gloves in the water.

Practice and form. With pressure they require force to connect, that won't change. Make sure you are pushing in the correct direction and only in the correct direction, slightly out of alignment and pushing will get you connected but will take way more effort. Where your hands are when connecting can also affect how much force you can exert, good hand position makes it easier, bad position, much harder. Change the hose length if you have to but having a good position is key.

After some practice and in a position that is doable, it will feel easy. I struggled through a bunch of gas switches before I got it down, my first attempts took 3-5 minutes (almost giving up territory). Now, I can do it in 30s and it feels easy.

I would urge you to bring the connection right against your chest for significantly better leverage. Also pinky-side of your fist toward thumb side is far better than thumb-toward-thumb.

no issues with QC6 when regulator is pressurized - my BOV setup is the same as yours.

Matan.

Now, I can do it in 30s and it feels easy.

30 seconds to attach a QC6 Quick Connect? Ugh, I might be regretting the QC6 I just ordered to replace my locking QD that came w/ the sidewinder.

30 seconds to attach a QC6 Quick Connect? Ugh, I might be regretting the QC6 I just ordered to replace my locking QD that came w/ the sidewinder.
30s start to finish, find hose , get it oit, loop around neck and connect. Actually connecting once in my hands is practically instant.

Consider a locking connection for the BOV. The quick disconnect of the qc6 can quickly and accidentally disconnect your BOV.

Back
Top Bottom