quallity of Hollis F1 fins....not amazing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now if I can only get Nick to modify my ATS for doubles. :)

look's like I have to apologize. I don't know why it didn't worked out at first time, but now the problem is solved. I received replacement for my broken fins. Now Hollis Gear for me the symbol of trustworthy producer. Thanks.

I know this thread is old, but Hollis has been there many x15 times for me. Now I'm looking into their rebreather unit and best is they're local in my area too.

Hi
sad to report that after owning a set of Farralon jet fins since the early 1980's, last weekend on a gulf dive on of my beloved fins got washed off the back deck of the boat never to be seen again (sigh). I'am seriously considering the Hollis F1 as their replacements. Are the ones in circulation the ones not affected by the tooling issue at this time? I tried a pair on today at my LDS and the felt really nice.. any comments ??

I haven't read the whole thread but a few posts ago the OP replied that he needed to apologize and that Hollis took care of whatever the problem was.

Personally, I own a pair of Hollis F1's and have put about 120 dives on them over the last 12 months. They don't show any signs of having quality problems.

My Hollis Fins are a few years old now. They probably have 600+ dives on them. They are fantastic. I love them. They are awesome. They are a bit heavy for sidemount, but other than that, no issues.

I haven't read the whole thread but a few posts ago the OP replied that he needed to apologize and that Hollis took care of whatever the problem was.

Personally, I own a pair of Hollis F1's and have put about 120 dives on them over the last 12 months. They don't show any signs of having quality problems.

I guess I should have knocked on wood. Shortly after posting this, one of my fins ripped down the side of the foot pocket. I posted a Q to Hollis but they didn't respond for 3 months. The fins have been sold to someone who lost a fin and I've moved on to Hog.

I think they had a bad batch and some are still out there. I also think they are absent from their own forum for months on end. I won't say Hollis is "bad" but I'm done with them.

Back
Top Bottom