Question about burst disks on doubles manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I store my doubles with the isolator valves closed. Before putting them in the car, I open them briefly. If I hear hissing, I check the pressure on both sides to find out which is leaking, and then find out why. It's saved me from bringing partial fills on a few dives now. Also, I now fill newly-assembled doubles to 1000 PSI and use soapy water to check for leaks. A day or two later, I check the pressure on both sides. *Then* I do fills.

I was watching you pretty closely on Sunday. I can confirm you had no bubbles.

So he was ok, what about his tank though? hehehe

I store my doubles with the isolator valves closed. Before putting them in the car, I open them briefly. If I hear hissing, I check the pressure on both sides to find out which is leaking, and then find out why. It's saved me from bringing partial fills on a few dives now. Also, I now fill newly-assembled doubles to 1000 PSI and use soapy water to check for leaks. A day or two later, I check the pressure on both sides. *Then* I do fills.

I do the same, especially if I have just serviced the manifold

Back
Top Bottom