Question about the Z2 / adding swivel hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ToddMLewis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Will the Z2 accept the universal fit Atomic Aquatics Comfort Swivel Hose if you keep the jam nut or do you have to go with the stainless model? I know that you can replace a comfort swivel with a milflex if you add the jam nut so Im hoping that this would work in reverse.

Hi Todd.....The Z2 can take a swivel hose, but it needs to be the brass swivel hose. In order to put on the swivel hose it is essential to remove the jam nut. Thanks for the inquiry Todd....And, yes, braided hoses work wonders! :D

Atomic Aquatics

Todd, if you end up switching to swivel hose, I will buy the jam nut from you if you want to sell it.

Arron, not what you want to hear but I would suggest that folks switching keep the jam nut and put it in their save a dive kit. That way if for some unfortunate circumstance their hose get damaged they can put a regular on and have the jam nut. Though the nut is not absolutely needed it does serve a purpose.

That said if you need a spare you might contact Atomic directly they might have some of the old nylon jam nuts from the early versions that they give ya a deal on.

I planed on keeping the Jam Nut My thoughts are along those of Scared's but I have seen the Jam nuts for sale at several websights. Around $15

Silly, Learned a neat new trick, rather than discarding the jam nut...I took it to the belt sander and took off a few mills. Just enough to allow the seals to meet up properly. this worked great and if I did need to change to a regular hose for some reason....its already there.
Arron, not what you want to hear but I would suggest that folks switching keep the jam nut and put it in their save a dive kit. That way if for some unfortunate circumstance their hose get damaged they can put a regular on and have the jam nut. Though the nut is not absolutely needed it does serve a purpose.

That said if you need a spare you might contact Atomic directly they might have some of the old nylon jam nuts from the early versions that they give ya a deal on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom