question about wet suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone! I bought this wet-suit at Canadian Tire and it fits fine(just a little more space in the chest). the smaller one restricts movement in my arms. It's called body glove. Not sure of the thickness as it doesn't say. I wanted overall protection and am not too concerned about the cold as Cozumel's water is warm. All my other dives I wore a shorty and was never cold.

ottawascubalady:
Thanks everyone! I bought this wet-suit at Canadian Tire and it fits fine(just a little more space in the chest). the smaller one restricts movement in my arms. It's called body glove. Not sure of the thickness as it doesn't say. I wanted overall protection and am not too concerned about the cold as Cozumel's water is warm. All my other dives I wore a shorty and was never cold.

One caution on buying a suit that you're using for diving at a store like Canadian Tire - not all wetsuits are designed for diving. Suits made for diving have different features in their construction. Surf suits are for surfing, and there are suits for kyacker, etc. I thought I was being slick with getting a couple really great deals on suits. They fit, but they didn't hold up in the comfort and durability. They're now part of my extensive neoprene collection that hangs in a back room of my basement.

Whenever I'm around women divers and we get to talking about wetsuits, there's always lots of agreement that although we sometimes feel that we're getting ripped off, it's worth getting a brand made for diving that offers women's sizes. The cuts are different. I'm tall and on the thin side. O'Neill women's suits are my preference. I own 3 of them. They fit, they're comfortable and they last.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom