question for experts on leaking housing - canon s95

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My S90 just bit the dust at Lembeh after my Canon housing leaked just as you described. Camera worked fine for a bit, then just wouldn't turn on again. I sent it in to Canon for a warranty repair (didn't know it was water damage, given that the camera didn't feel wet when I took it out of the housing and it kept working): they found corrosion from water damage inside. I've now sent the housing to them (was just going to take care of the mould lines myself, but now...). Waiting to hear back from them.

I've had 3 other Canon housings (for a G7, G10, and 870is). All worked fine. My guess is the S90 mould needs a little work. Anyone doing their own sanding might consider sending a note to Canon technical support as well, so they know to look.

Had exactly the same problem as described in your initial post - but unfortunately too much water so that my S95 doesn't work anymore. Was very lucky with my old PowerShot, no problems for more than 5 years. Really bad that my brand new S95 is damaged now - in the OEM housing! Sent it to Canon and will see what happens... will let you know.

Anything mroe on this issue with housings bought in the last while? Did your problem eventually get solved for you Surger?

Well... if by solved you mean, I gave up, spent a lot of money to find a replacement camera+housing in Manado, and sent the s95 housing back to Canon, then yes... it got 'solved' :D

The housing is returned to Canon. No answer yet. I'll keep you updated.

Not sure what I'll do. I don't really like the Ikelite housing and the Fish Eye housing is quite expensive.... I may decide to sell the camera and start from scratch, or I could buy the Fish Eye housing and an extra s95 as a backup...

Just spoke with Canon today. They agree that the housing leaked, taking my S90 with it. They're sending me a new housing and camera. Thumbs up to Canon support!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom