Question for Non-professional Divemasters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's right on the PADI page when you go to update your status...

It says something to the affect that If you haven't been active since 1996 or something like that, you'll have to retake the DM course. Or some such mumbo jumbo. I wasn't active since 1998, I had no issues at all. I just updated a month ago.

It's right on the PADI page when you go to update your status...

It says something to the affect that If you haven't been active since 1996 or something like that, you'll have to retake the DM course. Or some such mumbo jumbo. I wasn't active since 1998, I had no issues at all. I just updated a month ago.

Well I got my DM in 2001, and, as I pointed out, have always paid for my stickers (when they were doing annual stickers), and now have my uni-sticker with the toll-free number on it. As I don't contemplate ever teaching, I guess it just didn't make sense to me to keep paying each year.

I was just wondering if there was something I was missing if I intended to be a non-teaching individual who just happened to go through and complete the requirements to be a PADI DM.

You're fine, let it lapse. Renew it every 5 years and you'll have no problems in the event you ever want to be active.

Back
Top Bottom