Question for those who use skins under wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eclipse785

Reaction score
I want to buy a dive skin for several warm water dives (for sun/sting protection) and also to use under a 7mil wetsuit (for easier donning/doffing). Everywhere I look someone is touting the benifits of dive skins to make wetsuits easier to get on, but what they don't say is wheter or not they are talking about Lycra dive skins or neopreme dive skins.

So my question is this: For strictly the purpose of easier wetsuit donning, does it matter what kind of diveskin you use? Does it need to be Lycra? Can it be any kind of dive skin? Any recomendations?

By the way,.. I'm not looking at spending a lot of money preferably under $50. These are the ones I'm looking at so far:
MARES 1MM REVOLUTION JUMPSUIT
HENDERSON LYCRA SUIT
http://www.lubesuit.com/

Yes, it needs to be lycra. Wearing a neoprene "skin" (no such thing, really) would make putting on another neoprene suit extremely diffiult. By definition, skins are some sort of lycra spandex material.

ya... wear lycra under a wetsuit

does make putting suit on and taking it off much easier.

if you wet the suit before donning, it's a lot easier too

I finally tried this last week, man what a difference!
Guess I should not have kept this skin dry for this long.
Aeroskin, I think.

Dave

Lycra. N

I have a polyolefin skin I use under my wetsuits. It works just as well as a lycra skin, and is a little more durable.

It's a lycra hotskin that makes putting the suit on easier. We sell tons of them and people love em, makes putting the suit on easier, and it doubles as protection from hyrdroids, jellyfish, sunburn, etc. when you're in warmer waters. We sell ours for $44, you can also get a Neosport brand for $34.97. Both great suits for sliding into that cold water monster of a suit.

Good luck!

Britt :fish:
:fish:

I use a lycra from Liesure Pro. What a great purchase!!!! I do a lot of California dives with wetsuits, and for a long time, I'd use a sandwich baggie to help glide the suit on. I should have bought on of these a long time ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom