question on advanced classes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sossier

Reaction score
Hi all I am certified Naui Open water. I have been offered the Nitrox class. 3 hours classroom only. that will allow me to dive using nitrox right, and stay under longer?

also I am taking Advanced under the Padi school will the nitrox card be accepted there since it will be Naui?

thanks all!

Sarah

hey sarah

you will only need a Nitrox card to rent or fill nitrox at the shop, and they better
accept a NAUI Nitrox card. if they don't, they're a terrible shop and you
should go elsewhere

a 3-hour Nitrox classroom session sounds about right.... but I had to do two Nitrox
dives with an instructor to get my card (PADI). and yes, you're right... Nitrox usually
allows you to have a longer bottom time than air, at the cost of having to stay
shallower the more oxygen you use in your mix (it's pretty much ideal above 100
feet)

sossier:
Hi all I am certified Naui Open water. I have been offered the Nitrox class. 3 hours classroom only. that will allow me to dive using nitrox right, and stay under longer?

also I am taking Advanced under the Padi school will the nitrox card be accepted there since it will be Naui?

thanks all!

Sarah

shouldnt be a problem. i am advanced open water padi yet my nitrox certification is by Iantd. as long as you are nitrox certified, youl be accepted even from other diving agencies.

Yes your card should be accepted by all (reputable) dive stores and charters, as well as other agencies for continuing education.

Have fun.

See you on the bottom

Mark

sossier:

thanks all!

Sarah
Sarah, I am EAN certified. As stated above, enriched air gives you more bottom time but limits your depth according to your blend. PADI Advanced course is my next goal as well. I am less than an hour from Deltona, we should dive together! The Nitrox class can be done in 3 hours classroom. Understanding the RDP for each blend is the hardest part. If you have a good instructor, oxygen partial pressure, equivalent air depth and maximum depth formulas are pretty basic and easy to understand. A bit more complex dive planning but not difficult if you take your time and be sensible. I was always good in math so it was pretty easy for me. I'd be happy to help if I can, feel free to PM me if you like. Good luck in your class, study hard, practice several dive profiles and above all- dive safe!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom