Question: Single Tank Adapter for Zeagle Backplate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rascal1933

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Gang,
I am learning as i go,about the Zeagle BP/Wing System.
Just ordered Zeagle SS Backplate/Harness.

What manufacturer's of STA's are compatable with the Zeagle BP?
I have found a Oxycheq at ScubaToy's that looks like it may work.

Will a STA that has 11 inch on center bolts work with Zeagle BP?
Are the 11" center bolts a universal standard for backplate manufacturer's?

What about the overall length of the STA > what will work best with the plate?
I currently have a 63 AL and 80 AL for tank's

The Oxycheq is 13 inches overall length?
I found a STA online that is 16 inches overall length?

*If you attach a Zeagle wing with the conversion bolt kit to Backplate,i take it the STA is not needed?

Appreciate any feedback,information on questions.

Regards and Safe diving all!

rascal1933:
Hi Gang,
I am learning as i go,about the Zeagle BP/Wing System.
Just ordered Zeagle SS Backplate/Harness.

Congrats, you're gonna love it.

rascal1933:
What manufacturer's of STA's are compatable with the Zeagle BP?
I have found a Oxycheq at ScubaToy's that looks like it may work.

Will a STA that has 11 inch on center bolts work with Zeagle BP?
Are the 11" center bolts a universal standard for backplate manufacturer's?

What about the overall length of the STA > what will work best with the plate?
I currently have a 63 AL and 80 AL for tank's

The Oxycheq is 13 inches overall length?
I found a STA online that is 16 inches overall length?

I don't know, but you don't need an STA at all with this plate.

rascal1933:
*If you attach a Zeagle wing with the conversion bolt kit to Backplate,i take it the STA is not needed?

Correct, I just did the same conversion, works like a charm. As I said above, though, you won't need an STA with this plate no matter whose wing you use. I'm not sure whether the STA's will work or not, but you definitely don't have to have one.

Hope this helps,

Great Information Firefyter and Very much Appreciated!

Thats why i love ScubaBoard ~ Great folks and can always get answers to Questions.

Safe and Great Diving to all!
Regards the Rascal.

To revive this... While I understand that you don't _need_ an STA with the zeagle backplate, I was wondering if its possible or appropriate (or if there are downsides) to putting one on? The reason is to get the extra weight distributed on the backplate.

I don't think that you could even put a STA on. If you want to move the weight from your belt to the plate then buy a channel weight. XS scube sells them empty for something like $15.

I don't think that you could even put a STA on. If you want to move the weight from your belt to the plate then buy a channel weight. XS scube sells them empty for something like $15.

I'm not sure what a channel weight is - I'm guessing it goes in the part of the backplate at the center that sticks out. But I can't find them on xs scuba's website -- can you post a link? Thanks.

Zeagle has a weight system that actually attaches directly to the B/P if you are looking to go that direction

I'm not sure what a channel weight is - I'm guessing it goes in the part of the backplate at the center that sticks out. But I can't find them on xs scuba's website -- can you post a link? Thanks.

Well it looks like they still don't have them on XS's site. Here is an link. BTW, if you order from Divesports be sure and click the link that says "scubaboard and decostop" below the picture. It knocks the price down to $11.

A channel weight fits in the center channel of the plate. It fits between you and the plate and you really don't know that it is there. Bolts right in. One thing that I like about the XS one is that you can change the weight to what you want it. If you only want three pounds then so be it.

If you want to make the plate more "weight integrated" then Zeagle does sell two systems for that purpose. One is the rip cord system and the other is just two pockets. I have the pocket system and like it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom