Question - Trip to Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

captainmwill

Reaction score
Headed to Phuket with my wife in May. Have 3 days for diving so our options are a 3 day/2 night liveaboard on the South Siam III to the Similans or to do 3 day-trips to other reefs such as King Cruiser, Racha Yai, Phi Phi, etc. Does anyone have a recommendation on which would be better diving?

Can't guarantee the Similan Islands in May.. maybe the first week, but the weather starts to turn, or may have turned already.. (I mean, the wind turns and if we get a strong SW wind, that's the Similan season over). Day trips will run, but again, just at that time when the weather changes it can be very unsettled. Don't book anything in advance. If your trip is already planned, then wait until you are here, see what the weather is doing and see what trips are running.

As above captainmwill,

You may be lucky enough to catch the Similan season at the beginning of May, but you never know. Do wait Sir before booking anything ie. day trips coz although they are good and fun, the Similans are much better!

If you could move your vacation to even the last week of April, i'll guarantee you a Liveaboard trip on South Siam III.

Hope to be of service to you.

Have you considered Pattaya!!
The diving may be crap and grossly overpriced, but look at some of the active threads on this forum at the moment and see some of the posts from the local shops.
As I said the diving is crap but you could be well entertained, the way things are looking with veiled threats we could soon have an inter DC boxing tournament in the town. :wink:

Have you considered Pattaya!!
The diving may be crap and grossly overpriced, but look at some of the active threads on this forum at the moment and see some of the posts from the local shops.
As I said the diving is crap but you could be well entertained, the way things are looking with veiled threats we could soon have an inter DC boxing tournament in the town. :wink:

have you been smoking crack again LK :-(

have you been smoking crack again LK :-(

Never smoked anything in my life.
Although I do seem to remember you being a local talking point in the not too distant past when you had achieved notoriaty, for was it something to do with haircuts??
Maybe you could open a salon to go along with the bar and dive shop, i dare say it would be more succesfull than the latter. :)

Never smoked anything in my life.
Although I do seem to remember you being a local talking point in the not too distant past when you had achieved notoriaty, for was it something to do with haircuts??
Maybe you could open a salon to go along with the bar and dive shop, i dare say it would be more succesfull than the latter. :)

As my dive centre is successful and have recently just expanded to another location, a rather nice retail unit on beach road in between Soi 5 & 6.
Are you now saying that if I applied myself to the hair cutting business it would be an even bigger runaway success :)

Are you sure you are not on crack?

As my dive centre is successful and have recently just expanded to another location, a rather nice retail unit on beach road in between Soi 5 & 6.
Are you now saying that if I applied myself to the hair cutting business it would be an even bigger runaway success :)

Are you sure you are not on crack?

maybe would be a success, you certainly had the reputation of doing a mean haircut. :)

Back
Top Bottom