Questions about hurricanes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warhammer,

If you weren't such a muck diver, you would understand those dive ops!

Joewr (educating again)

LOL! Guess so. The first time it happened it really ticked me off that they wouldn't go out. Said that the vis was only around 30ft and surge was up a bit. I said, "Great! Let's go." The DM looked at me like I was stupid and said they didn't dive under those conditions, no reason too since it was much better than that most of the time. When I told him I was use to having to feel my way through the muck, he knew I was stupid. LOL!

Got'em crossed for myself too. Chantal kind of lost steam there toward the end. I've been looking at pictures of Ambergris Caye on the net and been seein' Cancun on the news. Some choppy water but, not hurricane type stuff. Let's just hope the waves haven't stirred things up too badly. I, at least, get one more day than you do to wait for things to settle down. Although, from looking at the radar, Belize may have gotten more rain, so the extra day may not do much good. I don't know how much the runoff will affect the visability. The radar image has pretty much been my screen saver at work the last couple of days. Anyhows, I hope you and your wife have a good trip and get in some decent diving. The way I see it if the dive operations are running, we are bound to get in some better diving than we're used to here at home, so we can't lose. Let us know how the conditions were when you get back. Y'all have fun. :tree:

Warhammer and Zagnut,

I think you guys dodged a bullet this time. We'll be expecting a battle of the bands type trip report when y'all get back. Belize vs. Coz!

My first blue water scuba diving! It won't be long now..just a few more hours to go. I can't wait to feel that plane lift off the runway...I'll see you all in about a week. I tell'em y'all said hello.

Back
Top Bottom