Questions for those with the Fusion suits...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes you want the Necktite system. It allows neck seal changes in the field, along with allowing silicon seals, which is what I was hinting at earlier.

I have both glove systems and prefer the Viking rings, but will swap to SI Tech permanent wrist rings, when I completely kill my glued on wrist seals and have to upgrade. Either system will allow you to use wet gloves.

Im not sure I understand. If you prefer the Viking Rings then why will you be switching over to the SI Tech permanent rings when you upgrade?

Reactions: Jax
Im looking over the Fusion Bullet and needs some advice.

Second did you get a p-valve installed or the relief zipper? If so which on and do you like it?

I like the idea of the Evo 3 boots. For those of you who have them how do you like them? Any issue with fitting them in your fins? I have size 11 feet.

I have the fusion with the Light Monkey pee-Valve installed from the factory. Even with the great help thread I wanted done at the factory for warranty purposes. The only problem I've had is I unscrewed the bolt to far and lost it. That was a $10 mistake. As far as the catheter goes, you notice when putting it on and when taking it off (read some of the other threads on it, careful though the thread can devolve pretty quick). Diving in the Northeast I would not dive without one. With the drysuit I stay dry (duh!) but initially I get that shot of cold that tells me I need to go. I love not having to rush the dive. For a known short dive I just move the hose to the side and don't notice it.
I have the fusion removable boots. So far with 30 or so dives on the suit, the boots have held up walk on boat ramps and rocks. I did have to move from my blades to jetfins because of the pocket.

Yes, you have correct links to both products.

One of the biggest issues with a dry suit, as opposed to a wetsuit, is that damage to a dry suit can render the thing unusable. If you are diving in cold water and tear a neck seal, you are done for the day . . . or, if you have to send the suit off to have the neck seal changed, for days to weeks. With the Necktite, as long as you have brought a spare seal with you, you are back in business in about ten minutes. Having ripped a neck seal on a trip to Southern California, and done the dive duct-taped together (and rather unpleasantly wet), I appreciate this. The bigger the trip, and the more remote the destination, the more dive gear seems to want to fail on you . . .

The Viking rings install on the seals of the suit. They can be put on or taken off in about three minutes, with no tools. Therefore, if you decide to use wet gloves, you can easily do it, without any rings on the suit to get in the way. I don't know anyone who switches back and forth from dive to dive, but I do know people who dive dry gloves in the wintertime and wet in the summer. And for me, it's nice to be able to take the ring system off altogether when I go cave diving (where I wear no gloves at all).

Installing a p-valve on the Fusion is not difficult -- I've now done three of them. The big challenge is making the hole in the skin look neat and professional, and I haven't quite conquered that one! The new Light Monkey valve has the same stop screw arrangement as the Halcyon valve, so you really have to work to lose the cap on the valve. I really can't imagine diving without a p-valve any more -- even if you had a relief zipper, the waddle up the shore with a full bladder is an awfully uncomfortable thing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom