Questions on T&C Club Med

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

squidguy

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking at Club Med T&C for a vacation. Would you recommend its dive op or would other dive ops be a better alternate? Also is Nitrox available? Lastly is there a chamber for DCS available in T&C?? Thanks!

Club Med is on Provo.
A positive was that I recently read a review by a couple that had gone to Club Med and enjoyed their dive op.
A Negative is that last June while I was on Provo diving with "Fifi", there were three couples that were staying at the Club Med and they had been there...I forget how many years in a row..., they didn't like Club Meds dive op and had sought out Caicos Adventures and they really said they were glad they did.

Dive decisions can be soooo tough,

:D :D :D :D ,

Caymaniac

Caicos Adventures is the best on the island by far. Art Pickerings Provo Turtle Divers is a distant second and all others are an even more distant third. Fifi will pick you up at your resort and take you to some of the best diving in the world.

When I was there 10 years ago the diving was execellent but not fantastic! Club Med allowed several Ops to come and do a slide show of their dives and many people decided to use the outside ops. At the time I wasn't the most experienced diver I am today so I stayed with the CM people. I did 17 dives that week if I remember correctly and two night dives. We had reefs, walls, and JoJo the dolphin came and swam with me and one other diver for about 10 minutes. Today I'd probably dive some of CM and then do other Ops. I think the CM scuba cost $100 bucks more than the normal package. Hmmm $100 divided by 17 dives isn't that $5.88 per dive? A pretty good value.:mean:

Club Med has raised its prices for scuba considerably. Last time I went the proflies were something like 30 or 35 minutes for the first dive and 45 minutes for the second. They are geared to the resort diver or diver in training. It's a pretty nice place to earn your c-card, but not so great for the experienced diver. May be a decent choice for the diver with a non-diver spouse/companion.

Just got back from T&C. Something you might want to consider is that Club Med and Beaches will only dive if the weather is perfect and the water is completely flat. When I went to T &C and stayed at Beaches, both Beaches and Club Med were not diving but other dive ops were. It was my and a lot of divers opinions that they were just to plain lazy to move their boats to the other side of the island or to take the boats out in less than pristine conditions. I kept being told, "there are waves, its too dangerous to go out" I think it had to something to do with them needing the boat back by a certain hour for snorkel trips so they didn't want to take the boat any where except in front of the resort to places around grace bay. If you do end up staying at Club Med and they are not diving call other dive ops chances are they are diving. Many people from Club Med and Beaches end up going to outside ops to go diving.

Back
Top Bottom