Quick fyi that Daniel and I both tested positive for Covid.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dubi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Symptoms are mild like a cold, but we wanted everyone to be careful around family and friends.

I’m happy to have been able to travel home to get treatment.

Mary

Am I reading this correctly? Did you travel home while Covid positive?

Am I reading this correctly? Did you travel home while Covid positive?
We both had minor cold symptoms of a snotty nose and sinus pressure the day before departure. Both common symptoms that we have on a diving trip. I normally take low dose prednisone to prevent my inner ear from swelling but could not this week because I have been taking Cipro for an infection and steroids are contraindicated.

Honestly never thought it was Covid since the symptoms were so mild. My work provides home tests and I have a huge stack of them; we decided to test when we got home yesterday afternoon.

This post is simply a public service announcement for others to be mindful of seemingly mild symptoms. I would never knowingly put anyone at risk. We live in Texas and never wear masks unless at a medical facility. Also I have never had Covid during this entire pandemic and have undergone required periodic testing at work.

Thanks for the heads up.

It’s still going around. So, be careful to those who are still traveling. Don’t let your guard down & be mindful of Covid-19 protocols.

I’m still here until Monday. Today is my last day of diving. So far all is well, knock on wood & fingers crossed.

Lucy_football_Covid.jpg

We both had minor cold symptoms of a snotty nose and sinus pressure the day before departure. Both common symptoms that we have on a diving trip. I normally take low dose prednisone to prevent my inner ear from swelling but could not this week because I have been taking Cipro for an infection and steroids are contraindicated.

Honestly never thought it was Covid since the symptoms were so mild. My work provides home tests and I have a huge stack of them; we decided to test when we got home yesterday afternoon.

This post is simply a public service announcement for others to be mindful of seemingly mild symptoms. I would never knowingly put anyone at risk. We live in Texas and never wear masks unless at a medical facility. Also I have never had Covid during this entire pandemic and have undergone required periodic testing at work.
I have always thought that you two are positive people.
Hope you had a fun trip.
John

So maybe testing BEFORE travel ( even if no symptoms) is still a good idea.....
It may be a good idea but we had zero symptoms before day 7 (we arrived a day early). So we would have tested negative.

It may be a good idea but we had zero symptoms before day 7 (we arrived a day early). So we would have tested negative.

I think that @tursiops may have been referring to each flight, not just the outbound. You were symptomatic before boarding. Did you mask during travel? You might well have had a positive antigen at that point.

I certainly understand all of the complications involved in a positive test before a return flight home. The US just dropped that requirement. No one wants to delay their return for 5-10 days, for many reasons. I get it. But it's still better not to spread COVID around if you can avoid it, for many reasons beyond the scope of this thread.

I don't mean to oversimplify the decision making process involved. I understand that it's complex, and I deal with this regularly these days.

But the idea that there is some eternal COVID truth that we can discover and adhere to in all situations is a fantasy. As variants come and go, as outbreaks wax and wane, there are going to be different recommendations and best practices for each time.

Lots of performative BS out there. "Before you said to mask, but now you are saying not to, which is it?". It's not about catching someone in a "lie" or proving who was right and who was wrong. If you are approaching this in good faith, you need to keep an open mind, watch the data and be flexible.

Thanks for letting us know, Mary. I hope you both continue to have mild symptoms. I'll test today to be on the safe side.

Added edit: someone posted about another positive case on page 77 of the big thread. FYI for others.

- Amy

Back
Top Bottom