Quick fyi that Daniel and I both tested positive for Covid.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I too, nor do I think anyone was blaming the Resort staff. I was just saying that it was the Resort in general that is a common thread and that more people that were staying there have contracted it.

It's OK... English is not a precise language and it's good to clear things up.

I just can't believe @Dubi thinks it's all Danny's fault!!! (Running, ducking, and hiding!) :D :D :D

I think I had Covid last week even though I tested negative.

Does this mean that the scubabored mug that I bought and have been waiting five years for
will be delayed for another five years

I think we're nearing the end of the incubation, but I just wanted to chime in for any people who are high-risk and may just be getting symptoms.

Despite most people saying their symptoms were very mild, if you are high risk, I still recommend taking this seriously and not assume your case will also be mild. I would not classify my case as "really mild" or "very mild." Mine was like a REALLY bad cold (the kind that turns into double ear infections), or there was one day where it felt like mono. (However, the one thing I had going for me is that I DIDN'T get the GI symptoms others mentioned! :cheer: ) I'm not high risk, and I'm over the worst, but just wanted to alert people to still be on the safe side.

(Maybe that's totally obvious to anyone who is high risk, but now that I feel like I'm back among the living, I felt like adding a PSA.)

I still have no regrets though - If I was going to catch it, I'd rather catch it having a blast with all of you than hanging out in the office at home! I'm currently missing a work trip, but am glad I didn't miss THIS trip. :)

Now back to looking at trip pics ...

I still have no regrets though - If I was going to catch it, I'd rather catch it having a blast with all of you than hanging out in the office at home! I'm currently missing a work trip, but am glad I didn't miss THIS trip. :)
Well, of course. Business trips have to take a back seat. They get in the way of diving, anyway.:D

As mentioned earlier, I was in Cozumel the same time, tested positive while I was there, and stayed in isolation at our hotel until I had passed the expected time of being contagious. I have now returned, and I would like to tell the people in this thread what I learned about the current state of things after consulting with a local doctor.
  • The rule of thumb is that you are contagious from 5-7 days after first symptoms. That is not absolute, and there is no way to tell for sure if you as a individual are an exception.
  • It is possible to test positive for days and even weeks after you are no longer contagious. In the case of the most sensitive tests, it could be months. The tests can pick up old, dead, worthless virus remnants to give that positive reading.
  • Until you actually test negative, you are advised to avoid close groups and wear a good mask.
  • My wife and I still test positive. We are most likely not contagious, but that is not a guarantee, and there is no way to predict how long we will continue to test positive.
As I said, my wife and I returned after we were theoretically no longer contagious. We wore masks from the time we left the hotel to the time we entered our home. From this thread, I learned that there were likely many positive cases on the flights going out last Saturday. I assume there were many positive cases on the our flights (Cozumel to Houston; Houston to Denver). We did not notice anyone else on either flight wearing a mask. I assume that the maskless people included many positive cases.

Our local paper today reported an 18% increase in official covid cases. Those official covid cases do not include all the people testing positive on home tests but not telling anyone in authority, which would include my wife and me. I suspect we are really in a new and hidden covid spike.

The rule of thumb is that you are contagious from 5-7 days after first symptoms.
This also seems to be quite dependent on what strain you are infected with. Omicron, for example, has as shorter infectious period than Delta.

Our local paper today reported an 18% increase in official covid cases. Those official covid cases do not include all the people testing positive on home tests but not telling anyone in authority, which would include my wife and me. I suspect we are really in a new and hidden covid spike.
Your doctor should have reported for you - pretty sure reporting (by doctors) is obligatory.
But I'd encourage anyone who hasn't reported to their local board of health to do so (to minimize the percent by which cases are underreported). I researched whether I needed to notiy the airlines. I didn't, because (in theory) the local health department would do that. No one called to ask me flight numbers, or anything else. But I did receive a public health order to stay home for 5 days, under threat of criminal prosecution if I didn't :). It arrived the day my ordered isolation expired.

Despite most people saying their symptoms were very mild, if you are high risk, I still recommend taking this seriously and not assume your case will also be mild. I would not classify my case as "really mild" or "very mild." Mine was like a REALLY bad cold (the kind that turns into double ear infections), or there was one day where it felt like mono.
Sorry you had a rough go! It really is unpredictable. When my employee and her family had it in October, it ranged from completely asymptomatic (caught only because the entire family was tested) to pretty severe brain fog - which is just now beginning to lift. . . . and now she has it again. And I lost a student in December. So even omicron can be pretty bad.

I'm asymptomatic (and have beeen for a couple of days), but I'm still testing positive on the less sensitive antigen tests.

As others have said - the vaccinations kept us all as safe as we could be. Thanks, Dave and Roxanne for requiring it (even though you took at least a little bit of heat for it).

Despite most people saying their symptoms were very mild, if you are high risk, I still recommend taking this seriously and not assume your case will also be mild.

I agree with this 100%.

My symptoms were mild, but I am high risk because I just finished cancer treatment and have had a long lingering surgical infection. Add in high blood pressure, BMI and “old” (according to Danny).

I visited the local urgent care for treatment immediately after my home test showed positive. They recommended an infusion due to my health risk and not the severity of my symptoms.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom