Quick Trip Report: Nassau - Sandals - Stuart Cove's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScottNY

Contributor
Reaction score
This is a bit late as we went Nov. 14th - 20th. Stayed at Sandals all inclusive.

Accommodations First
* I'd rate this place as just ok. It's not bad. And has it's good points. But overall, kind of average. The food is average, the facilities a bit close together and lacking. And procedurally, it seems like they don't have their act together. We've stayed at Sandals / Beaches in Turks & Caicos and really liked it there. Though that one is more kid oriented, in general everything was much better. Would go back to that one.

* Dive team, etc. at Sandals. Fortunately, in spite of the other aspects of the resort that were lacking, they have decent boats, friendly staff, good guides, etc. Went on 4 dives with them, though due to some rough weather, one was a kind of boring shallow dive. (Not their fault of course.) In fact, the weather - or at least sea state - wasn't wholly cooperative at times that week, and they did what they could to get us safely out, etc. When we couldn't get on the boat at their dock, they planned for and had ready bus transportation to their nearby protected area dock. So not to be overly dive snobby or anything, but as is often the case, even when other stuff is kind of average the dive folks are ok. : )

Stuart Cove's Shark Adventure.
What can I add to what's been said before other than, "Wow." Besides being just an incredible, amazing thing to do, the staff there are great. Their whole operation is very much buttoned up. It can be a bit crowded on their doc with a lot of other stuff going on. And their shop has a Jurassic Park feel to all the merchandise, but I was happy to pay extra for the great pictures and videos their cameraman took on our dive. These folks simply know what their doing. Super fast boat out to site, great first dive with plenty of sharks on that one alone, turtles, rays, your usual reef fish, some wrecks... just everything. And then the Shark feed itself? I just can't express how fascinating it was to experience something like that. (And yeah, I had to get the t-shirt too!)

Part of the reason we chose Nassau was so I could do this. Though my wife dives, she couldn't dive that week, so it was mostly a tennis, sailing, lie around week other than the few dives I did with the resort. This experience, which I'd scheduled the week before from home, totally made the week. The month even. In fact, it's well into the top 5 fun things for 2010.

Here's a link to some of the pics they took and a couple of videos for anyone interested. (The videos are very abbreviated as my pic hosting provider has limits on video size.)

All the pics plus a couple videos.

Scott

Attachments

• scottsharkdivethumbnail.jpg
    scottsharkdivethumbnail.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 194
thnx.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom