Quickneck and Orust

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sujoe

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Orust and Quickneck?

I'm contemplating of getting the 12 clips from Orust for my Quickneck installed on my new Santi Elite Plus.

I see both neck ring are identical from the pictures so I wonder if the clips from Orust will fit my Quickneck ring.

The reason is, I'm getting flooded from the second dive. The Lock ring from the quickneck comes off easily. I have read the manual a dozens of times and made sure I did everything correctly. I also noticed that the left shoulder strap of my Razor 4 is partially on top of the ring system, not sure if this is will aggravate the situation, but I'm getting water in every time I dive. And some of them were pretty nasty.

So I'm contemplating either of the following:
1) Orust clips for my Quickneck System
2) Changing Quickneck to Orust totally (without ungluing and gluing, possible?)
3) Have it changed to a fixed neoprene seal.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. This is my first drysuit.

Did you install the ring yourself or did an lds? I'm not very kind in putting mine on or taking it off and haven't had any issues with it. It certainly doesn't just pop out. When I changed my seal I did have to put a good bit a force on the tool to ensure it was fully seated though.

Did you install the ring yourself or did an lds? I'm not very kind in putting mine on or taking it off and haven't had any issues with it. It certainly doesn't just pop out. When I changed my seal I did have to put a good bit a force on the tool to ensure it was fully seated though.
No, it came with the Santi Suit. Also brought it to a Santi Authorized Service Center, they did some tests on it and came back with no issues reported. I will do more few dives in the pool and see how it goes. On a sidenote, Si-tech wrote back to me that the Orust clips can be used on the ridges of the Quickneck system.

No, it came with the Santi Suit. Also brought it to a Santi Authorized Service Center, they did some tests on it and came back with no issues reported. I will do more few dives in the pool and see how it goes. On a sidenote, Si-tech wrote back to me that the Orust clips can be used on the ridges of the Quickneck system.
go over the ring and make sure it's fully seated. Press down hard. Also check for any creased seal material ring itself.

My dive buddy had an issue of ring getting out. We traced the problem down to his way of donning the suit. He would stretch the seal, put head halfway through and then just pull the suit down. When donning, keep moving your fingers inside the seal until yoour head is all the way through.
I never had that issue and it's not that hard to put the locking ring in. I devised a way to put it in without using the tool at all.

My dive buddy had an issue of ring getting out. We traced the problem down to his way of donning the suit. He would stretch the seal, put head halfway through and then just pull the suit down. When donning, keep moving your fingers inside the seal until yoour head is all the way through.
I never had that issue and it's not that hard to put the locking ring in. I devised a way to put it in without using the tool at all.
Thanks for the tip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom