Quiz - Physics - Visual Reversal

A phenomenon called "visual reversal" makes objects viewed underwater appear ___ than they actually

• a. closer

• b. more distant

• c. brighter in color

• d. darker in color

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is the Padi answer and the technically correct answer.
Could you explain further, or this just a generic PADI bash?

I'm curious if "visual reversal" is a term used in physics not in the context of scuba.

Very interesting that only 25% got this quiz question correct. Thanks for posting under adverse conditions @Pedro Burrito. You are our Covid-19 saviour
I suspect those answering "closer" were just remembering the refraction information from their OW class, and did not know the term "visual reversal" so just ignored it.

I suspect those answering "closer" were just remembering the refraction information from their OW class, and did not know the term "visual reversal" so just ignored it.
That would be my guess. You answer based on what you've read. You get it marked right, you're happy. At least that's my philosophy on tests of any kind. I also think understanding the material (of any subject) is far more important, but that has always been a separate issue for me. In Jr. High and early HS I had maybe the 2nd or 3rd highest average in the school, because I became expert at studying and answering questions by giving answers that I knew were expected. Then, around 11th grade I woke up and went into music....
That's probably why an "unclear" question really bugs me. The only really bad one I can recall here has been the old J Valve one.

That is exactly why I chose that answer.

D'oh!

Could you explain further, or this just a generic PADI bash?

@tursiops it was somewhat a ding. While most of the padi test questions are well written, I’ve encountered a few over the years that could have two correct answers and we just have to remember what they are looking for. I don’t have any at hand for an example. I’ve had at least one get referred back to padi to get corrected too.

Exactly my error. Never heard of that "visual reversal" effect...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom