Rain in Cancun in June time frame?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

htn123

Reaction score
Hi,
My family is thinking about a week in June of diving in Cancun/Cozumel/Playa del Carmen. The mrs does not dive so she will be shopping in Cancun.
I heard the wet season for Cancun started in May and last till Sep/Oct. Is that true?
Will that affect the diving at all? I know the mrs won't be happy if it rains the whole time she is there :frown:
Thanks,
Charles.

there really is no wet season in Cancun.

when it rains here, it is rarely for more than a few minutes, and it doesnt affect the diving whatsoever, the nearest river is in Belize..

Just a thougt - if it does rain and the boats don't go out beacue of the weather, you can always dive the cenotes on those days.

I only have a couple of summers here, but like Mark said, there really is no wet season. The forcast is always the same, day in day out: 33 C and thundershowers. Typically what happens about every 3rd day you get about 10 - 20 minutes of down pour and then sunshine.

Don't worry about a rainy season here.

teamheatwave:
Just a thougt - if it does rain and the boats don't go out beacue of the weather, you can always dive the cenotes on those days.

Heck, why take a chance with boat diving? Winds, rain, nasty fish, diesel fumes, crowded dive sites all the things that can ruin a dive. Just stick to diving the Cenotes and you'll be much happier :eyebrow:

The rain fall in june and sept is the highest 2 months all year. Over 14 inches in June and sept. I remember last June we had 29 inches in 8 hours. July and Aug are a lot dryer, but its hurricane season and anything can and might happen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom