Raja Ampat Experiences with Shakti, Pindito, Mermaids, Ondina?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeremyNZ

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are looking at these live aboards for a Raja Ampat trip in Jan 2015; Shakti, Pindito, Mermaids, Ondina? What do people think? Is Dewi Nusantara worth the extra cost? We are Nzers, so super luxury is not really of interest.
Comments on the reliability of guides would be great. Cheers
JeremyNZ

I did the biodiversity cruise aboard mermaid 1 liveaboard. Excellent trip. Liveaboard is very well organized and laid out. Crew very professional and does a very good job. Food aboard usually has 5 or 6 dishes as well as the chef does cater to customers. Divemasters are very knowledgeable and still take a picture with GoPro and research any unusual critter sightings. Dive briefings are done very well. The raja ampat part of the biodiversity cruise is excellent. Can't wait till i get back there. Mermaid 1 has 15 customers as well as usually 12 crew. Diving is done in 4 or 5 groups depending on the types of divers they have onboard. Some do video and some photography. Each group has there own divemaster. I have done 7 trips aboard mermaid liveaboards and will continue diving with them as the quality of the whole experience from the office staff to the liveaboard staff. ​reefscenics | SmugMug

It sounds like Pindito, Dewi Nusartara or Mermaid or Ondina if you dont mind to very nice food. I want go back again for the total eclipse March 2016. Night dive during the day?:cool:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom