Raja Ampat Ferry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shiri1130

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am planning a trip to Raja Ampat for a few days in May. I am planning to stay with the Raja Ampat Dive Resort, but am having trouble with the connections. I will be flying from Manado on Thursday early morning, arriving into Sorong at 9am. To take the public ferry means I will have to waste the whole day in Sorong waiting and will miss out on diving. Then I will be returning on the Sunday to Jakarta at 10am, which means if I have to take the public ferry, I will have to leave on the Sat at 2pm. This would leave me only one day of full diving. Does anyone know if there are options for private boats/transfers? Or any suggestions for ways to get there without wasting so much time.

Thanks.

Doesn't the resort provide transfer from/to Sorong? Maybe only on certain days of the week? Private boat would cost a ton of rupiah I would think.
Their web page shows RT transfers for 45 euro. Suggest you contact them regarding this service if ferry is not convenient for you.

Does anyone know if there are options for private boats/transfers? Or any suggestions for ways to get there without wasting so much time.
Thanks.

The resorts normally schedule transfers one day / week. The price of a private boat to get out to Raja Ampat depends on the skill of the negotiator and recently ranges from 5-7 million rupiah - $555 - $775 one way. One of the resorts charges $350 for a private transfer, another charges $950.

I have had my cruise director hire a speedboat to come out and meet our ship several times over the last few years for various reasons. The last time was Nov, 2011. We try to use the ferry whenever possible due to the high cost of boat hire. Just used it to send a delayed bag out to meet the ship this week.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom